GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot / Citi - Assignment of Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot / Citi - Assignment of Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot / Citi - Assignment of Debt

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
    Originally posted by swanfan
    Hiya matey

I have had a notice of assignment from Citi informing me they have sold the account to Cabot on 02/09/2010

Should i send they anything back to Cabot or IMFS?.
    Just ignore matey ;-y

Hi sorry to jump on thread but i have received the same and just had a phone call from Cabot saying they now own account?

Re: Swanfan's UE diary

Originally posted by hops1963
    Hi sorry to jump on thread but i have received the same and just had a phone call from Cabot saying they now own account?
    Thats fine, the lender can sell the account at their leisure - i've moved this thread to the general chat area for UE.

Regards to what you ought to do next; we need to know a lot more about your situation... maybe consider starting a diary?

See here for details: ---> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=401
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Regards to what you ought to do next; we need to know a lot more about your situation... maybe consider starting a diary?
      Hi NID - will do but a quick summary is used all your template letters from the other site and earlier this year sent the final - as you have not acknowledged my request i now deem this account unenforceable - to Citi. Took about 12 months of being promised the document before that action taken. They then passed it to some other company who i fended off again with you letters. Nothing for six months then this.
      Not sure Cabot will be so easily fended off though so this is now a big worry.

Comment

Originally posted by hops1963
        Not sure Cabot will be so easily fended off though so this is now a big worry.
        Ahh don't worry - cabot are as useless as the others so no change there really

Nothing to worry about, we'll sort them 1
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Cabot / Citi - Assignment of Debt

Thanks NID - you gave me the confidence to fend them off today. Cabot wanted to talk about payment and the fact that i had signed an agreement but i refused to discuss with him. Just kept saying i had tried for a year to get a copy of the agreement and all Citi did was jack up the interest rate! Cabot left frustrated and said he would look into it - round one to me.

Comment

well done y

Comment

Cabot are back again - refused to answer security questions and said they need to put what ever they had to say in writing. Will see what they send!!

Comment

yep, nice one - see what happens y

Comment

Hiya

You're getting chaser letters sent through, you need to stop stressing and forget about this until such time they send some proper threat, at which point we'll then go down the forum route of requesting CCA....

So for the moment, my advice here is to ignore these muppets - that letter they sent you is nothing, it simply states they have bought the account - yep, we knew that a year ago - muppets 1

Comment

Thanks for that HID, got income / expenditure form from them today. They also said they would give me 28 days to reply before the phone calls start again. No way I'm filling that in so here's to a nice quiet Christmas!!

Comment

Yep just ignore.

Comment

this is the stage iam up to debt sold to cabot from citi!!!!

useless idiots i have sent them a letter stating the debt should not have been sold to them and to stop the harrasment.

i have just recieved a reply by letter from cabot and they have contacted citi for the agreement and statments and whilst this is happening the account is on hold!!I now await there response which should be interesting as i first wrote to citi over 2years ago and still no agreement????

Comment

just hang on Leena, as long as they haven't supplied a compliant agreement it is unenforceable, maybe they'll get lost in the depths of Citi's dungeons, I think there are quite a lot of peeps scrabbling about in those dungeons looking for agreements, there's a wee man in there looking for mr Dopey's as well.
                          so chill its unenforceable

Comment

Originally posted by leena
                            this is the stage iam up to debt sold to cabot from citi!!!!

useless idiots i have sent them a letter stating the debt should not have been sold to them and to stop the harrasment.

i have just recieved a reply by letter from cabot and they have contacted citi for the agreement and statments and whilst this is happening the account is on hold!!I now await there response which should be interesting as i first wrote to citi over 2years ago and still no agreement????
                            Hiya

As Mrs D stated above, just sit tight and keep us updated of any progress. For the moment, don't stress - just forget it til they write back again or send you threats, in which case just ipdate us yea?

Comment

hi been a while but thought i would give a quick update!!I have received a reconstituted true copy of my agreement so they say??????

just having look at it but not really sure what iam looking at???

can you help nid please??

Comment

Working...
                              X