GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays=Egg - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays=Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays=Egg

Hi Niddy
    My old egg credit card (defaulted 19/5/2003) I have made agreed token payments since then,I have not as yet CCA'd them.However Barclays have taken the account ,they (BC)notified me of earlier this year.Now BC have given the egg account a totally different number! I suppose they think that they can start afresh LOL.Their letter goes on to say nothing changes for now.
    I don't think for one moment that they have an enforceable deal here as the account is so old and my payments are minimal on a balance of £13k.I have been paying Moorcrap .
    Is it best to sit tight and wait for BC to start their pestering before I request the CCA .If they don't pester then should I also let sleeping dogs lie?

Re: Barclays=Egg

Send a CCA request to who you are paying ie Moorccoft
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Send a CCA request to who you are paying ie Moorccoft
      yep, send a CCA - I agree
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok Thanks
        I will update you when I receive the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
          Ok Thanks
          I will update you when I receive the stuff.
          Best of luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to be a pain but I sent the CCA request Friday 4th recorded delivery.Tried track and trace and it says 'and is being progressed through our network for delivery' Can anyone throw some light on the expected delivery/proof timescale here as I am not sure if I should resend.I imagine trying to track the PO is a slow process too.
            Thanks

Comment

As long as you have the slip from the post office that is the proof you need.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain but I sent the CCA request Friday 4th recorded delivery.Tried track and trace and it says 'and is being progressed through our network for delivery' Can anyone throw some light on the expected delivery/proof timescale here as I am not sure if I should resend.I imagine trying to track the PO is a slow process too.
                Thanks
                Sometimes the online track & trace is slow.... If you phone Royal Mail instead, it might tell you that it's been delivered fine.

Remember the mantra:
                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK thanks friends.

Comment

I phoned Royal Mail-hopeless .'Must be in the system still' its been over a week now.
                    I can trace the encashment of the PO but only after 15 days and then you have to apply via a form!
                    I think that a second application via special delivery for Monday seems best.
                    Just can't trust the system can you!

Comment

Give it more time, had this happen as you describe & still got a response from the dca.

Comment

Hi
                        It clearly got 'lost'in the posting process so I sent special del today.Dont want to delay any longer.
                        Even the PO said as recorded is not traceable it could be lost somewhere in the system.

Comment

Update:
                          My PO has been returned with a letter stating that their client is unable to produce a copy of my document asits over 6yrs old.
                          They go on to say that their client believes the balance is due and that I should pay immediately.
                          They stated this:
                          'The ICOffice has confirmed that whereas a debtor is not oblidged to repay the account due to the provisions of the CCA,this does not mean that there was no enforceable agreement'
                          So ,Niddy,what is my next move,please advise.
                          Many thanks.

Comment

Update:
                            My PO has been returned with a letter stating that their client is unable to produce a copy of my document asits over 6yrs old.
                            They go on to say that their client believes the balance is due and that I should pay immediately.
                            They stated this:
                            'The ICOffice has confirmed that whereas a debtor is not oblidged to repay the account due to the provisions of the CCA,this does not mean that there was no enforceable agreement'
                            So ,Niddy,what is my next move,please advise.
                            Many thanks.
                            Send this > CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Comment

What their letter states is that they cannot produce a copy of my CCA.They go on to say that the Debtor is not required to repay the o/s amount.
                              So is there not a letter which I could use that states no CCA as confirmed by the OC therefore UE etc.
                              The one you have kindly directed me to appears a bit heavy when in fact they agree they cannot produce the docs.
                              Thanks very much for your input here.

Comment

Working...
                              X