GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Crapquest & Fredrickson International - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crapquest & Fredrickson International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crapquest & Fredrickson International

Hi Guys,

I've been browsing through these forums and theres some great help and advice on here and just wondered if anyone could help me in my little dilema?

I have a outstanding balance from capital one of £781.58 This dates back to 2009.

This got passed on to crapquest over a year ago and i agreed a settlement figure with them for £733.88 and would pay this in 3 monthly installments of £244.63.
    The first two months were paid but the third one wasn't as i completly forgot and with no contact from crapquest chasing this last payment at all.

That was until almost a year later -March this year- a letter i received on 8/3/11 stating i owe them £781.58. - I ignored the letter.

On the 24/3/11 i then received a letter from Capital One stating that my account is no longer being managed by the debt collection agency and to make all future payments directly to them.

Then on the13/4/11 i received a letter from Fredrickson International stating i now owe them the £781.58. Then another letter appeared on the 21/4/11 stating i will owe £969.11 if new fees are added (courts, solicitors, etc..)

As far as crapquest are concerned they have a recored of the two payments i made but have told me the account is now with Fredrickson. They took £489.26 off me and are now telling me it means nothing!!?

What's the best action to take? Sorry if i'm being dumb.

Any help is massively appriciated.

Re: Crapquest & Fredrickson International

All you need to do is to notify the new DCA (Fredrickson) that you've paid and advise them you only have a record of two payments; however as far as you're concerned this debt is paid and suggest they close their file....

If you want i'll sort you a specific response - in fact i've done it! Send the template below to Fredrickson and fill in the gaps!

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Capital One, or yourself. Granted I did used to have an account with the Original Creditor but this was paid last year when I made 3 payments of £244.63 to the DCA at the time, CapQuest. I therefore suggest you speak to them before hassling me any further - I have proof of payment; the question is do you? If not then I suggest you contact CapQuest as we agreed a settlement of £733.88 to be repaid over 3 payments of £244.63.

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. The OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment. I therefore request that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

You truly are a great help and your time/effort is hugely appreciated. Keep up the good work!

I will send that letter straight away.

Thanks again,

morgy.

Comment

Best of luck - keep us updated
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do Niddy, fingers crossed.

Also just another quick query - as my account with capital one got hit with a default. I was wondering if there was a way of getting them to remove this from my credit file due to health issues?

At the time of the missed payments i was going through a rough patch with my doctor prescribing me anti-depressents. I won't bore you with all the details and everything is absolutley fine now but i was wondering if i get a confirmation from the doctor and explain this to captial one? Has anything like this been successful before?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by morgy View Post
            Will do Niddy, fingers crossed.

Also just another quick query - as my account with capital one got hit with a default. I was wondering if there was a way of getting them to remove this from my credit file due to health issues?

At the time of the missed payments i was going through a rough patch with my doctor prescribing me anti-depressents. I won't bore you with all the details and everything is absolutley fine now but i was wondering if i get a confirmation from the doctor and explain this to captial one? Has anything like this been successful before?

Thanks again.
            Hiya

Sorry but no, usually you need to notify the lender at the time and ask for time to pay, once they add the default legally you cannot really do much to get it removed as it is a true reflection of the account - its nothing to do with you, per se, more the way in which you ran the account which did, unfortunately, get defaulted thus it will stay for 6 years from the date it was registered

Comment

Working...
            X