GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received a letter from Westcot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received a letter from Westcot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a letter from Westcot

I have received a letter from Westcot relating to a debt to Arrow Global Limited - Egg. This is not the same case as the one listed before. They are asking me for £138.33 for an outstanding balance on an account and are asking me to contact them. Their reference is xxxxxxxx Arrow Global Ref xxxxxxxxx Could you please advise how to handle this. Thank you
    Last edited by Deepie; 16 June 2015, 14:38.

Re: Received a letter from Westcot

Hiya

I've edited your post and removed the reference numbers
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What's the debt for do you know ?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry Deepie.... I didnt see this reply. From the reference thats been given I think its an egg credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbs View Post
          Sorry Deepie.... I didnt see this reply. From the reference thats been given I think its an egg credit card.
          To help us, to help you, please provide the following information

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Comment

Thank you for replying so quickly.....
            Credit card, commenced in 2003, Balance £138.33, Not made a full payment since 2007, not paying and havent for 3 years or more, and Westcot Credit are writing to me so a DCA

Comment

I have received a letter from Westcot relating to a debt to Arrow Global Limited - Egg. This is not the same case as the one listed before. They are asking me for £138.33 for an outstanding balance on an account and are asking me to contact them. Their reference is xxxxxxxx Arrow Global Ref xxxxxxxxx Could you please advise how to handle this. Thank you
              Thank you for replying so quickly.....
              Credit card, commenced in 2003, Balance £138.33, Not made a full payment since 2007, not paying and havent for 3 years or more, and Westcot Credit are writing to me so a DCA
              it's only a small sum ....I'd ignore this for now ...if it were me .

Let us know if they get in touch again

Comment

Hi Again...... I've had another letter from Westcot about this debt. The original letter went to my old address (I moved four months ago). Last week they sent a letter saying they had received information that I had moved to my new address and today I've received a letter to my new address saying that if I dont contact them they will take further action. Its only for £138 so I would normally just ring them and pay it but the debt is through Arrow Global for an Egg Card and Plan B has just helped me issue a defence for another Arrow Global Egg debt.If I pay this it will set a precedent for the court case. Could you please advise how to proceed, Cheers

Comment

Hi Debbs,
                  Your other case is an Egg loan, and this is a credit card, and completely separate.

I think it's time to send a CCA Request. It's worth a shot in view of the shambolic state of Egg records.

Why pay £138.38 when you might be able to dispose of it for £1?

You know the drill by now: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

Elsa x

Comment

Can I ask why you think paying a debt for one account will set a. President against another? I don't see the connection. Plus you don't have to ring anyone. If you have the account details you can send a cheque. Send a cca request before anything but I just wanted to point out a few things as well.

Comment

It would set a precedent as both debts are with egg and both through Arrow Global. So if I paid one even if it was a partial settlement I feel it would allow Drydens/Arrow to say in court with the other case that I accepted that I owed the Wescot Arrow Egg debt so why dont I accept I owe the Drydens Arrow Egg debt.... Anyway, I'll send the CCA request and take it from there. Thank you.

Comment

Two different accounts two different debts. That isn't a valid argument on their part. You are disputing a debt that's being unpaid by way of unenforcability. Paying one does not admit liability for the other. It just can't and doesn't work that way. Unless both debts were grouped together on a claim, unlikely BTW, they would not be in a good place to try and argue payment based on another debt not listed in their claim. Just doesn't happen. Irrespective of whether you have two debts with the same firm.

Comment

Hi Again...... I've had another letter from Westcot about this debt. The original letter went to my old address (I moved four months ago). Last week they sent a letter saying they had received information that I had moved to my new address and today I've received a letter to my new address saying that if I dont contact them they will take further action. Its only for £138 so I would normally just ring them and pay it but the debt is through Arrow Global for an Egg Card and Plan B has just helped me issue a defence for another Arrow Global Egg debt.If I pay this it will set a precedent for the court case. Could you please advise how to proceed, Cheers
                          Keep that letter safe where they have written confirming your new address. It's not uncommon for claimants to write to you at your new address but when it comes to issuing court claims they use your old address so you don't know of any claim and they sneak in a default judgment. Don't worry about the other account, it's a seperate matter. Given the amount I'd see if they come back with any discounts.

Comment

OK Cheers. I've sent the CCA request to them but not mentioned my new address. Let's see where they sent it to. Thank you

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your thoughts. Puts a different perspective on it. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X