GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson

I have a Halifax debt I have not acknowledged since March 2007.
    I'd not heard anything for years then I got a letter fron global to say the debt belongs to them. Then i got a letter from Fredricksons saying they are collecting for Global.
    Today I got a letter from Fredrickson saying they will take action! (letter below)
    Is it hot air bul**** or should I CCA request them? If so who do I request from?

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/a...onintclean.jpg

Re: Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson

If you want to CCA them you would send it to whoever is chasing you for the debt, send this--> CCA Request

Comment

Thanks but is it trying to scare or is it a true statement?
      Niddy used to say that it states "may" take action means they wont do it but this one says "will" take action.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
        Thanks but is it trying to scare or is it a true statement?
        Niddy used to say that it states "may" take action means they wont do it but this one says "will" take action.
        It could be trying to scare you but if they plan on attempting further action a CCA request will stop them. They have to answer the request.

Comment

Hi
          the letter also says should it be necessary to issue
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's a standard template letter that Fredrickson sends out, I've had the same from them.

Have you sent a CCA request out to Halifax previously? If so what happened?

If you haven't then CCA request them and see what they come back with.

Comment

Well they have heard nothing from me for 4 years so I'll leave the CCA for now..

My partner sent a CCA to Halifax 12 months ago and got it unenforcable with a letter from the DCA stating that my partner owed them no money as they don't have an agreement.

Comment

Read it carefully.

It says "we will take immediate action".

It doesn't say "we will take immediate court action".

The immediate action may be scratching their pimply backsides.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What is the debt for? Loan? Credit card? Overdraft? HP? Or something else?

Comment

Credit card

Comment

Credit card
                      Just ignore it - if they are going to do anything, you'll know about it..... don't CCA just yet, you can do that at anytime.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks...
                        Received a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors today saying they will recommend to their client that proceedings to be issued if I don't pay their client in 14 days.

Leave it still?

Comment

Thanks...
                          Received a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors today saying they will recommend to their client that proceedings to be issued if I don't pay their client in 14 days.

Leave it still?
                          Send this to Bryan Cater: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Send this to Bryan Cater: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action
                            But I have not sent a CCA yet nor do they know I'm here for sure! Do I sit tight and wait for legal action to be promised as it's been 4 years since I acknowledged the debt and have moved a number of times..

I've also had the letter "is this person at this address"

Comment

But I have not sent a CCA yet nor do they know I'm here for sure! Do I sit tight and wait for legal action to be promised as it's been 4 years since I acknowledged the debt and have moved a number of times..

I've also had the letter "is this person at this address"
                              Ahh ok, well don't send anything back then as they are not 100% sure you're there.

Sorry, missed that part of the post!

Comment

Working...
                              X