GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax, Arrow Global, Fredrickson

Ok I received this letter below so should I now CCA the suckers or call their bluff?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam; 11 April 2011, 13:30.

Comment

Can you load it here not photobucket? Just edit message (in advanced) then scroll down to attachments.

It's easy. I (and others) use iPhone which means inline images are best.

Thanks - details here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=993
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Can you load it here not photobucket? Just edit message (in advanced) then scroll down to attachments.

It's easy. I (and others) use iPhone which means inline images are best.

Thanks - details here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=993
        Sorry about that..

All done now..

Comment

Just a quick one..
          My partner has the same issue with Fredrickson/Bryan Carter with an old RBS. Same amount of time as this etc..
          Fredricksons only recently took over these debts and changed the default on our credit files from Halifax and RBS to Arrow Global Ltd. Is that legal?

Comment

Looks like i missed the 48 hours lol , not that I had that sort of cash anyway!!

Any offers on what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              Just a quick one..
              My partner has the same issue with Fredrickson/Bryan Carter with an old RBS. Same amount of time as this etc..
              Fredricksons only recently took over these debts and changed the default on our credit files from Halifax and RBS to Arrow Global Ltd. Is that legal?
              Its perfectly lawful (its not criminal law so the word is lawful, not legal) so long as they used the original default date - they cannot change the original default with a new date - the account was defaulted at X date, and that stays the same......
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Looks like i missed the 48 hours lol , not that I had that sort of cash anyway!!

Any offers on what to do?
                Sorry had few days off - just ignore them, same goes for your partner..... how long ago did you last communicate with them about the account, or if not whats happened? Sorry, just need you to refresh me....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Sorry had few days off - just ignore them, same goes for your partner..... how long ago did you last communicate with them about the account, or if not whats happened? Sorry, just need you to refresh me....
                  Thanks Niddy..

Last made a payment via CCS April 07 and never made any contact with them since.
                  They only took these accounts on a couple of months ago and have sent letters prior to the ones I've posted on here trying to find out if I live at this address..

Keep on ignoring them until they come on heavy with legal action?

Comment

Yep keep ignoring. They need to confirm identity prior to any legal action

Comment

Just had the letter below, should I still ignore them and call their bluff or CCA them?
                      Attached Files

Comment

It's OK I saw your other post on Fredricksons about staying hidden if had no contact in 3 years..
                        Also read about the anual search, very interesting..
                        Last edited by sam; 27 April 2011, 12:43.

Comment

It's OK I saw your other post on Fredricksons about staying hidden if had no contact in 3 years..
                          Also read about the anual search, very interesting..
                          You need to stop opening these letters as you know who they are from prior to opening, then send them back as unknown at this address......

Keep ignoring, the worse they can do is issue a ccj, but again if you never got it (ahem) then at a later date you could contest it - however I do think they have to have confirmation of residency prior to commencing any action....

Comment

But I don't want a CCJ as I may not be able to contest it then I'm stuck for another 6 years in rental prop!
                            I only have until Jan 2013 to wait until I'm clear at the moment.
                            I want to keep opening them as if they send court action I want to CCA them asap before they CCJ me if that makes sense? Or is this the wrong srat?

I do have 2 CCJ's placed on me that were placed without me being notified as I was living in a different country so the above info is interesting...
                            One was for a loan that was refinanced twice and has near 3k PPI on it!! I never received court papers so is this worth fighting Nid? Should I start a new thread?
                            Last edited by sam; 29 April 2011, 14:30.

Comment

But I don't want a CCJ as I may not be able to contest it then I'm stuck for another 6 years in rental prop!
                              I only have until Jan 2013 to wait until I'm clear at the moment.
                              I want to keep opening them as if they send court action I want to CCA them asap before they CCJ me if that makes sense? Or is this the wrong srat?
                              Thus i'm saying to alleviate a ccj then you should send letters back as unknown, or you're telling them you're there otherwise they'd be getting the mail returned wouldn't they?

Its a catch 22 - if you get a summary judgment then we can fight it. They cannot CCJ you unless they are confident that you're at the address they already hold and for the paltry amount, it's most probably a threat anyway to make you sweat - seems to be working as well......

I do have 2 CCJ's placed on me that were placed without me being notified as I was living in a different country so the above info is interesting... One was for a loan that was refinanced twice and has near 3k PPI on it!! I never received court papers so is this worth fighting Nid? Should I start a new thread?
                              When are they due to drop off i.e. what are the CCJ dates? Did you notify the lender/dca of the address abroad? It may be best to leave them alone, if only one can be removed - however you've not given half enough info for me to offer any constructive advice - point is, does it matter if you have 1 or 10 CCJ's? Unless you can get them both wiped then it's pointless fighting one, unless of course the CCJ outweighs the actual loan in which case you'd be due a refund - I really don't know, cos you've been so vague....

Niddy :niddy

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

I'l just keep ignoring the Fredrickson stuff then as it seems to late to return to sender. I aslso found some paper work from 2008 on another debt from Fredricksons and it's letters are identical to the ones I have received now, except the grey letter above which states they will now take action to recover etc..
                                Nothing has happened since.

RE CCJ:
                                I see what your saying.
                                When it drops off after 6 years do I have to pay it? If I have not paid in the 6 years will it be stature barred?
                                I thought about fighting it now as it has near 3k PPI (2763.00)on it and I never challenged the CCA. I also thought it had to be paid if it's a CCJ that is why I thought about contesting it to at least get the PPI off it?

I didn't notify them of change of address.
                                Drops off Aug 2013.

PS I could start it's own thread if you like?
                                Last edited by sam; 5 May 2011, 12:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X