GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help dealing with Lowell Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help dealing with Lowell Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help dealing with Lowell Financial

Hello,
    An ongoing problem with a default on a Capital One card.
    This card was taken out Oct 2006 and I defaulted on paymants June 2013.
    Was being hassled by Cougar Financial so on advice from this site I sent a CCA request along with £1 payment(July2013).
    Have not received any reply back.
    I have now been informed that Capital have sold the debt to Lowell Financial, I have ignored there letters and phone calls
    but now they are saying that they will take County Court action or bankruptcy against me.
    How do I deal with them?

Regards

Kysu

Re: Help dealing with Lowell Financial

Hi kysu.
    If you have had nothing back from Cougar in reply to your CCA request then you need to send a Sold in dispute letter to Lowell, there is a template in the Template list, but you may have to re register to get it , just use your original name that you are registered under and your password.
    if you have a problem than come back here and let us know,
    Did you start a Diary when you sent off the CCA last year?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Kysu View Post
      An ongoing problem with a default on a Capital One card. . . . Was being hassled by Cougar Financial so on advice from this site I sent a CCA request along with £1 payment (July2013). Have not received any reply back.

I have now been informed that Capital have sold the debt to Lowell Financial, I have ignored there letters and phone calls but now they are saying that they will take County Court action or bankruptcy against me
      Is it this account in your other thread here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post335456

We've updated our Template Letters which are now in a separate section. Here is how to register and access that. If you get any problems then send a PM to one of site team. Access can take a few hours to activate because it's done manually so please don't panic.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post389442

Lowell's letters can be aggressive and intimidating, but once they get the Sold in Dispute letter from you they should back off. They're not psychic so they won't know your s.78 CCA request is outstanding so tell them

Comment

any update on this matter pls?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sent 'Sold in Dispute' letter to Fredricksons on the 27 Oct 2014. They sent a reply on the 12 Nov 2014 as follows

'We thank you for your letter dated...... If you require documentation pursuant to sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you will need to supply the £1.00 fee to us.
          We have placed your account on hold for a period of 14 days etc.' I have ignored this and have not had anything from them since.

Comment

thanks for update, keep an eye open for any further threatograms!

Comment

Thank you Tech Clerk. I did not see any point in sending another CCA request to Fredrickson if Capital are unable to produce documentation then Fredrickson certainly can not. I'm sure I will here from them soon and will let you know when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kysu View Post
                Thank you Tech Clerk. I did not see any point in sending another CCA request to Fredrickson if Capital are unable to produce documentation then Fredrickson certainly can not. I'm sure I will here from them soon and will let you know when I do.

o.k. will look out.

Comment

Spoke to soon, received letter package today from Fredrickson/Lowell, cover letter as follows....
                  'We refer to your recent letter etc.
                  Please find enclosed account documents, provided by our client, as requested.
                  We hope this clarifies matters and look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for the discharge of this account.'

The documents consist of 1) Cover page headed Defaulted Agreement with name and account number.
                  2) 6 pages of Terms and Conditions
                  3) Copy of a Credit Card Agreement unsigned and undated.
                  4) Copy of statements from 02/6/2005. The first 29 months show no payments in or out.

Any idea how to proceed.

Thanks

Comment

send the documents to Niddy no need block any info out as he is cosha (Privacy not published) @

Send your Agreement via our Unenforceability Checking Service - Online Portal

Comment

I knew you were going to say that, have to work out how to scan and attach, might take a day that's how bad I am with computers.
                      I take it you mean just the agreement even though it is not signed and has no personal details such as name and address, it could belong to anyone.

Comment

send the agreement he may ask for the others from you later

Comment

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Take a look here, list of events so far

Comment

Did you send the agreement?

Comment

Just done it.

Comment

Working...
                              X