GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA/Arrow Global - Blake Lapthorn - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA/Arrow Global - Blake Lapthorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA/Arrow Global - Blake Lapthorn

This is a sunmary of the chain of events on this matter. I've only found this forum today. I was on a previous forum but not making great headway.

Towards the end of 2012 I received a claim from Northampton Bulk Centre on behalf of Arrow Global relating apparently to a debt owed to MBNA.

I acknowledged service and entered a defence.

I denied any indebtedness.

I sent the solicitor for the claimant (at the time Drydens) a CPR31.14 request for the documents relied upon in the Particulars of Claim.

I asked the court to stay proceedings under practice direction 4.6(1) until such time as the claimant complied with my CPR31.14 request.

I heard nothing more about the matter and the claim is stayed. I have since asked for it to be struck out.

Last week I received a letter from Blake Lapthorn. They provided what I believe to be a reconstituted agreement, which I will attach to this thread when i get to a computer, but which makes no reference to any account number.

They reference what they say is an MBNA account number on their letter - an account number which is marked as settled on my credit file.

They attach a letter they claim was sent on 15th January 2012 by Arrow Global stating that MBNA had assigned the debt, but again they reference another account number, not one I recognise, and not the same one they reference on their letter.

The letter from Blake Lapthorn gives me 10 days to pay up or they will request to lift the stay on the claim and obtain a summary judgement.

The letter was dated 14th April.

And I don't know what to do now, so would appreciate some advice from anyone who might be able to help me with this.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: MBNA/Arrow Global - Blake Lapthorn

Originally posted by Hollyb View Post
    Towards the end of 2012 I received a claim from Northampton Bulk Centre on behalf of Arrow Global relating apparently to a debt owed to MBNA.

I acknowledged service and entered a defence.

I denied any indebtedness.

I sent the solicitor for the claimant (at the time Drydens) a CPR31.14 request for the documents relied upon in the Particulars of Claim.

I asked the court to stay proceedings under practice direction 4.6(1) until such time as the claimant complied with my CPR31.14 request.

I heard nothing more about the matter and the claim is stayed. I have since asked for it to be struck out.

Last week I received a letter from Blake Lapthorn.

The letter from Blake Lapthorn gives me 10 days to pay up or they will request to lift the stay on the claim and obtain a summary judgement.

I think Blake Lapthorn are getting a bit ahead of themselves with that remark! They won't obtain a summary judgement unless the court orders one and you'll be part of that conversation since you have filed a Defence (which may need amending). It's not their decision. Cheeky blighters.

Can you tell us what happened to your application to have the claim struck out?

Comment

I'm waiting to get an update on that.

Comment

I'm waiting to get an update on that.
        How long ago did you make that application?

I'll flag up your thread to Andrew who is our legal expert. I've also posted something for you on your Welcome thread. Try not to worry you're in safe hands on here now.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Hello Holly and to AAD.

I've posted on your new thread. We also have a section which helps members who feel they need access to a solicitor to deal with some court claims which you'll find here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...Legal-Services

We look forward to you being part of the group too

Comment

Have they sent notification to the court that they are now the solicitors?

As planb has said, it sounds like they are scaremongering
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Send a copy of the original Claim (N1 form) to Never-in-Doubt using this email address webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk . Don't blank anything out as it won't be seen by anyone else so it's secure.

Also send:

a copy of that new reconstituted agreement sent by Blake Lapthorn

a copy of your original defence

a copy of your CPR 31.14 request

a copy of your application for a strike out

that letter from Blake Lapthon dated 14th April.

Have you previously sent a section 78 CCA request for documents? And if so when?

Comment

Wow - thank you for all the assistance already. I feel much better!

I will get that list of documents off to Never-in-doubt as soon as I get home this evening.

One question I have - my 10 days is up today. I have not even acknowledged receipt of this info from Blake Lapthorn. Should I put a holding email/letter to them to say - only just received this info? Can I have more time? Or should I just leave it for the moment.

And, no they haven't informed the court of the change of solicitor, as far as I am aware.

Comment

I'd not respond yet. We'll look into this tonight / tomorrow if we can.

Try et not to worry. I'll reply upon receipt of your email later
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow - thank you for all the assistance already. I feel much better!
                  That's the general idea

Comment

I received a letter from Blake Lapthorn. They provided what I believe to be a reconstituted agreement, which I will attach to this thread when i get to a computer, but which makes no reference to any account number.

They reference what they say is an MBNA account number on their letter - an account number which is marked as settled on my credit file.

They attach a letter they claim was sent on 15th January 2012 by Arrow Global stating that MBNA had assigned the debt, but again they reference another account number, not one I recognise, and not the same one they reference on their letter.

Okay. So get that stuff listed in post # 6 emailed to Niddy tonight as a matter of urgency, the earlier the better

Keep posting on your thread so that we can all chip in with questions and answers. We work as a team on AAD. We even have someone who used to work for MBNA on board

Don't get overly excited about the account number discrepancies. When creditors sell on a debt they often renumber the original account. MBNA pretty much always do/did. If (and I stress if ) the recon CCA Blake Lapthorn sent you is an application form (tear-off strip?) then it wouldn't have the account number on it until the application had been approved and the account set up would it ?

What do you remember about the opening of this MBNA account?

Some creditors mark an account settled on a CRA file when the debt has been sold. This really means as far as they're concerned it's been *settled* because they've closed the account after they sold it on to some mug debt purchaser (aka Arrow Global).

Also fill us in on anything you can about the Default Notce you would have received (do you have a copy of it, and if so please include that in your emailed documents to Niddy?). If the DN was flawed then you may have more options to work with

Comment

Documents emailed as requested

Comment

I've only found this forum today. I was on a previous forum but not making great headway.

Hello Hollyb I wonder where you were before? At least you're here now and will get the help you need.

My OH has an old MBNA card that is now with AG but they are using Moorcroft at the moment so will be following your thread with interest and can compare notes along the way.

Comment

Hi Mary Poppins - lovely to have friends to accompany me along the way. Hoping to make some headway now

Comment

I've sent your email to andrew - he should reply directly
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X