GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mr & Mrs Battendowns Battle - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr & Mrs Battendowns Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr & Mrs Battendowns Battle

About time for me to start my diary for myself and Mr Battendown.
    We're in a lot of credit card debt, in excess of £40,000.
    We have a few CCJs between us.
    We are in an arrangement with some of the credit cards, and haven't paid the rest for a few years.
    Most of the debts are pre 2007 with two post 2007.

We will be looking to claim back some PPI as well to help pay off some and will be looking at going for UE for as many as we can, and F&F for others.

I'm going to start with the two who are chasing us the most at the moment.

Well here goes ....
    Last edited by Battendown; 17 February 2014, 23:49. Reason: So it makes more sense.
    Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Re: Mr & Mrs Battendowns Battle

BARCLAYS NOW OWNED BY MK RAPID RECOVERIES

Type of account (credit card/loan) .....
    CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) .....APPROX 2001

Approx balance .....£4.000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment).... APPROX END OF 2009, BUT May have acknowledged it since with a type of insurance. I don't want to give too much info out just incase DCAs read this.

Are you on arrangement or not paying....NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)..... DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .....MK RAPID RECOVERIES/COMPELLO

We also have other debt with MK Rabid myself and hubbie have a ccj each.

Niddy advised to Cca them so will be doing that.

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

MR BATTENDOWN'S
      LOWELL'S (was Compuserve)

Type of account.... CREDIT CARD

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ......APPROX 2001

Approx balance......£1,000

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) ...... AROUND MARCH 2010

Are you on arrangement or not paying.......NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) .......DEFAULTED

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) .......BRYAN CARTER/ FREDRICKSONS FOR LOWELLS

Last had letter in October 2013 from BC saying had 14 days to pay. Did outline costs of how much the balance and court costs would be. Is this what is called a Letter before action ?

Niddy advised to Cca them, will be doing that.

Comment

The above 2 are the ones that are currently chasing us so I'm listing these first. I hadn't heard from Mk for over a year until end of January when they say I haven't responded to a recent letter !

Just got the 2 x £1.00 postal orders to send for the cca's, they are blank and uncrossed, is this right ?
        Also, forgive me if I'm being stupid but, it says not to alter anything on the cca template. Does that mean I put in the account no but omit my address ? Do I just let them cross reference the account number with the address they hold for me to write back ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

no, put your address (the one they write to you with) at the top of the letter, as well as the account number where shown.

Just like you would write a normal letter. However do not use your own signature, use a font that is similar and type your name at the bottom.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            no, put your address (the one they write to you with) at the top of the letter, as well as the account number where shown.

Just like you would write a normal letter. However do not use your own signature, use a font that is similar and type your name at the bottom.
            Thanks SXGuy, I'll get them posted tomorrow. Is it ok that there is no name on the postal orders and the are not crossed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
              Thanks SXGuy, I'll get them posted tomorrow. Is it ok that there is no name on the postal orders and the are not crossed ?
              thats fine, I have had a few sent back as the dca has sent for the CCA themselves.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you nightwatch.

Just a quick question about the cca request template before I post them.
                It says in the first paragraph....

I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).

Does saying 'MY' Consumer Credit Agreement acknowledge that it's 'my debt' in anyway?, I'm just so paranoid at the moment!! My gut reaction is to want to change it to 'THE' Consumer Credit Agreement.
                But I know that your all more knowledgeable than me, and that its worded In a specific way.
                It's just that the 2 above debts only have about 2 years to go before becoming statue barred, and if I/we acknowledge the debt now it restarts the clock.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
                  Thank you nightwatch.

Just a quick question about the cca request template before I post them.
                  It says in the first paragraph....

I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).

Does saying 'MY' Consumer Credit Agreement acknowledge that it's 'my debt' in anyway?, I'm just so paranoid at the moment!! My gut reaction is to want to change it to 'THE' Consumer Credit Agreement.
                  But I know that your all more knowledgeable than me, and that its worded In a specific way.
                  It's just that the 2 above debts only have about 2 years to go before becoming statue barred, and if I/we acknowledge the debt now it restarts the clock.

Many thanks
                  It doesn't acknowledge the debt in an way............

Comment

Thank you Deepie, just going to post them now.

Comment

Working...
                    X