GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MacKensie Hall - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MacKensie Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacKensie Hall

Had a random email from MH this morning. Now I already "deal" with them over an alledged Quik Quid debt but the reference numebr is different.

Private & Confidential - For Attention of MR JON XXXXXX.

We have been supplied this e-mail address to contact MR JON XXXXXX.

If you are this person, please respond via telephone to 0844 411 5761 quoting reference number M1111111 whereupon further detailed information can be provided.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Mackenzie Hall Ltd

Do I just ignore as I have no idea which of my many debts this could be
    Last edited by jon1965; 11 May 2012, 08:44.

Re: MacKensie Hall

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Had a random email from MH this morning. Now I already "deal" with them over an alledged Quik Quid debt but the reference numebr is different.

Private & Confidential - For Attention of MR JON XXXXXX.

We have been supplied this e-mail address to contact MR JON XXXXXX.

If you are this person, please respond via telephone to 0844 411 5761 quoting reference number M1111111 whereupon further detailed information can be provided.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Mackenzie Hall Ltd

Do I just ignore as I have no idea which of my many debts this could be
    I Would.... or email back .....your not that person
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Only problem is my email address is my name i.e jonxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.net so it might be a bit difficult to say i'm not who they say I am

Comment

Unless you want to wind them up, why bother?

If they have anything important to discuss, then they will write a letter.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There is another thread in the UE Diaries section with exactly this type of spam. It is a blatant phishing exercise.

Muck Hall are one of the most pathetic and useless of all DCAs, and they rely almost exclusively on highly aggressive telephone bullying to beat people into submission. If you take this toy away from them by only communicating in writing, there really is nothing left that they can do.

Note that even though they have sent you an email they are still trying to get you to use their favourite toy. Why? If they had half a brain cell they would just tell you to hit 'reply' and respond to the email.

The content of the email gives the game away. They say “further detailed information can be provided.” If they were serious, they would provide that information in the email, or, more realistically, write a snail mail letter containing this detailed information.

Any communication which does not contain the name of an original creditor and an account number which actually relates to one of your accounts is a phishing exercise and is too stupid to be taken seriously. Never respond to any such communications.

If you've got something like Mailwasher, you can generate an error report on this type of spam which will make them think the address is no longer active. Otherwise, just block the address and let the spammers waste their time instead of yours.

SH

Comment

Also had a phone call from them today, lets watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
              Also had a phone call from them today, lets watch this space
              When they next ring, just act as though you're from another DCA - I used to love doing that, so you answer with hello and they say its mac hall whatever and you say, hi - it's tom from IT, how can I help....

It confuses the hell out of them as if they've dialled an internal number instead. pmsl
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

And another email, filed away

Comment

That's what you get for swanning off on holidays when you owe money to the banks. Is it any wonder this country is in such a mess

Comment

It's disgusting, debt avoidance and all that (oh BTW I am jealous as hell)

Comment

Well I answered the phone, refused to do security until they told me what it was about. They told me they were a debt collection agency working on behalf of Vanquis. Been passed back from 1st Credit .I refused to discuss . I will update my UE diary but any suggestions here are more than welcome. Niddy tells me that I have a agreement but a faulty DN which is on my CRA ..yes I did check it

Comment

Well I was playing silly buggers with them (shocking I know) but its nice of them to tell a complete stranger that they are a DCA working for vanquis therefore the person who answered th ephone now knows I am in debt to vanquis.
                        problem is I could complain about that , but then someone who is probably trying to get by may get sacked

Comment

Working...
                        X