GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Who do I contact? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do I contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do I contact?

I've got 2 loans that I've paid off with Alliance & Leicester that I think might have missold PPI on them, the problem is I can't remember any of the account details so I was looking to do a SAR request to get the information I'm after.

The problem is A&L was taken over by Santander so which one do I SAR?

I should point out that the loans were taken out under A&L and paid off when they were owned by them too, the last one was consolidated into a new loan that is still running and now owned by Santandar.

So who do I SAR, who do I complain to and who is responsible for any misselling?

Re: Who do I contact?

Santander as A&L is defunct as a brand as it was bought out.

So technically it's the same people
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

As Never-in-doubt says, but the SAR to the DATA dept of the business and in regards of the reclaiming the same business but the Head office.
      Good luck and allow 8 weeks for a decision.

Comment

Santander UK
        Complaints Department
        PO Box 1125
        BRADFORD
        BD1 9PG

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So I sent off my SAR request the other day and today I received back a letter with my cheque enclosed that reads as follows...

Acc no: xxxxxxx
          Acc opening - xx/xx/2010

You have asked for copies of your bank statements, which we assume is to enable you to reconcile your bank charges.

The transactional information you require is available on our systems and will be forwarded to you, free of charge separately. You should receive this within 7-10 working days of the date of the letter.

Please find enclosed your £10 fee as your request is free of charge.

I'm not sure if they've deliberately missed the point or not?!

What should be my next move?

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
            So I sent off my SAR request the other day and today I received back a letter with my cheque enclosed that reads as follows...

Acc opening - xx/xx/2010

You have asked for copies of your bank statements, which we assume is to enable you to reconcile your bank charges.

The transactional information you require is available on our systems and will be forwarded to you, free of charge separately. You should receive this within 7-10 working days of the date of the letter.

Many thanks.

Hi there

Hmmm

So they are not accepting the payment, but giving the details free of charge?

Maybe you should see what comes back in that timescale they have given, unless Niddy can suggest something else perhaps.

Comment

Just wait for the statements which will show what you need anyway /)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                lol it appears we posted more or less the same time Niddy.
                Last edited by di30; 20 May 2011, 16:24.

Comment

I received a letter from them today and all they've sent is the mini statement from my current account!

What is the best way to get my previous loan details out of them now do you think since the SAR request didn't work?

Comment

I received a letter from them today and all they've sent is the mini statement from my current account!

What is the best way to get my previous loan details out of them now do you think since the SAR request didn't work?
                    Did they cash the £10 SAR payment? If so you need to write back and remind them you're applying for an advanced SAR...... NOT a bloody mini statement!

Comment

Acc opening - xx/xx/2010

Many thanks.
                      Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Er mate they sent his payment & request back.

You then said to wait.

I'll disappear in case you shout at me.

Comment

Sorry my bad

Hectic day and getting worse by the minute. Am not in good mood right now

Ok so you need to send the SAR again plus the £10 and demand they comply. Also start a complaint with the ICO only if it's already 40+ days since the original SAR.

Comment

Hi everyone, thought I'd update everyone on the situation with this.

I fired off the letter and the questionnaire to Santander even though I didn't have the account number, I knew the month it was taken out and also included as many details as possible since I cancelled the PPI a few years back ad a new agreement was signed from that date, Santander have acknowledged my letter and said they're looking in to it.

The big problem seems to be around my SAR request which they say they have fulfilled but there is no documents or acknowledgement of payments of any other loan before the current one I have running, this is despite it being an unusual month and amount combo due to me signing a new agreement back in 2008 when I cancelled the PPI.

To quote their letter...

"Historical information can only be retained if there is a legitimate reason for processing the data in accordance with the rights of an individual. Therefore, due to the time elapsed, some of the original account records will have been destroyed in line with our retention policy."

Now my understanding from reading this forum is that they have to hold everything on you for 6 years, something Santander appear not to have done.

I'd appreciate help with the next step of who I should complain too about the missing information.

Comment

HMRC stipulate that data should be stored for 6 years, some cases this is 11 or so years. However it would be the ICO you formally complain to.

Comment

Have you tried tracking down the account number by calling into the branch.

For example, I did actually Email Lloyds gave them all details, also the previous address where I lived, they emailed back with all loan account numbers as from the mid 90's.

You may also find them if you bank online, where the payments came out of on a monthly basis, the account number showing next to the monthly loan repayments.
                              This I understand allows you to go back to about 2002 onwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X