GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How far back can one claim ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far back can one claim ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far back can one claim ?

I had a tsb loan for £3000 before 1994 and the ppi was £21 per month .
    Is it too far back to bother with now ?

ps can one of the mods please correct the title of this thread, it should read How instead of w. my laptop sometimes misses letters out . Thank you
    Last edited by Spent2much; 5 September 2012, 16:27.

Re: How far back can one claim ?

Changed the title

IF...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I say give it a go, if you have the account number then continue with the reclaiming.
      Mine was mid 90's and was successful.
      If you don't give it a go you will never know.

Let us know if you require help from here, good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        I say give it a go, if you have the account number then continue with the reclaiming.
        Mine was mid 90's and was successful.
        If you don't give it a go you will never know.

Let us know if you require help from here, good luck x

thanks Di, i have only just noticed your reply not sure where i have been lol, i will look into it as i am not sure i can even find the account number , is there a way of finding this do you know ?

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          Changed the title

IF...x

thank you for that

Comment

Hi,. sorry about the delay in getting back to you, was having some problems in posting, probs just my puter lol.

To try tracking down the account number, you can try contacting the lender with the details of name, address, date of birth etc...... and the year if you remember that.

Or any old paperwork lying around.

Let us know if you are not able to from here, cheers. x

Comment

thank you will try that , i have had problems replying too its the cookies thing niddy was on about lol

Comment

Lol i thought it was just me at first, until i read up on Niddy's thread of the cookie thingie lol.

Oh and any statements may help and depending the year it ended, a credit report may help too.

If your still with the same bank now where you paid the loan every month out of, they may hold the details, and on statements, the loan account number is generally shown next to the loan monthly repayment ;-)
                Last edited by di30; 8 September 2012, 12:16.

Comment

LTSB told me that they are unable to provide statements or documents prior to 2000, I am having a hell of a game with them at the moment - and I wrote out 2½ thousand cheques from my account, still they say there was no account???

Got to try and don't take no for an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                    LTSB told me that they are unable to provide statements or documents prior to 2000, I am having a hell of a game with them at the moment - and I wrote out 2½ thousand cheques from my account, still they say there was no account???

Got to try and don't take no for an answer.

I will give it go , i have hundreds of papers to go through i might be able to find one with the account number of the loan on it as it was direct debit.

I have just thought of something vossy, how about if we can't find the account numbers we send off a SAR to them, they should have everything on file .
                    Last edited by Spent2much; 11 September 2012, 09:57.

Comment

Remember that the official line is that you get 3 years from when you knew you could make a complaint or 6 years from the event you're complaining about actually occurring.

Basically you can complain up to 6 years or 3 years AFTER you learned that you were entitled to complain
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Remember that the official line is that you get 3 years from when you knew you could make a complaint or 6 years from the event you're complaining about actually occurring.

Basically you can complain up to 6 years or 3 years AFTER you learned that you were entitled to complain
                        So tell em when you write to them that 'further to seeking independant advice about your finances you are now aware that you have been mis-sold the ppi ' I would also tell them that you were told you were told that you must take out the PPI in order to to get the loan / Credit card ...either face to face at your local branch or over the telephone when queering the need for PPI.
                        Not 100% scruplulous but nor are they.
                        Matty
                        Last edited by MattyA; 11 September 2012, 22:19.

Comment

Exactly

You Sussed it matey
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Exactly

You Sussed it matey

Comment

YAY Matty!
                              Yes he is very clever!

Come back, we need you lol.

Comment

Working...