GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays not paying up! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays not paying up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays not paying up!

Hello People

I've come over here to annoy you now lol.

Basically I filled out the paperwork for DH (he's a pain in the butt with all this financial stuff) last year and in August he had a letter to say he would get compensated.

He then had a letter to say they were keeping half because he owes them money but he would get a cheque for the rest. No mention of re-writes or anything.

We got to December and he phoned Barclays to see what was happening, they claim they sent a cheque in October and would now need to investigate what had happened.

Yesterday he had a letter to say he as in arrears with his PPI payments so he phoned them and he was fed the same old rubbish about investigations etc.

Any ideas anyone please?

Re: Barclays not paying up!

They always pay the difference if you owe money against that account however if you had a card and a loan and the ppi was for the loan then they could not retain any of the ppi to use against the card debt.

I would write to the FOS after warning the bank to pull their finger out. It takes 2 minutes to check if the chq was cashed and if not they should cancel and refund the amount owing.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The thing is the loans have been taken over by DCAs so I don't know what is going on.

I will have to get onto the bank.

Comment

The bank supercede dca's in that if they've sold the account by way of termination they MUST send you all the refund as its no longer their debt. ie they can't pay a dca with your money.

Before doing anything else we need to establish;

1. Who is the bank in question?
        2. Who is the now account/debt owner?
        3. What was the balance of account?
        4. How much was the reclaim award?
        5. Did you add statutory interest of 8% ?
        6. Did the FOS award this or you directly?
        7. Is the account in arrears, upto date, defaulted?
        8. Has the account been assigned and if so to whom?
        9. Do you have any other accounts with the bank and if so what type of account are they?

Please answer the above for me?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK this will take some time to get the answers together please bear with me and I will answer as soon as i can.

Comment

We want the best (and right) award for you so answering those questions will help me work that out for you.

I'm not asking for the sake of it lol. Honest

Comment

Working...
            X