GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Saltnvinegar Monument PBP Claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saltnvinegar Monument PBP Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltnvinegar Monument PBP Claim

Hi All

Well towards the end of last year I get a blast from the past, not the usual DCA letter, but a letter from Monument stating that I may have been mis-sold payment break protection insurance on a monument credit card I took out years ago.

Now as it happens I was temping at the time, and consequently lost my job, to find that the PBP insurance was useless, and ended up consolidating the credit card debt, so think I have a pretty good case for a reclaim.

So letter has gone off today and fingers crossed will see what happens.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Saltnvinegar Monument PBP Claim

I have my fingers crossed for you too SnV
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
      I have my fingers crossed for you too SnV
      Thanks IF - will update as soon as I get a response!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello, I recieved the same letter, so followed up with a letter to ask for the amount calculated to be sent to me - as the Executor of my late Wifes estate to whom the money would need to have been paid. (have formal Probate etc).
        They then write back saying that they'd taken the amount off the balance my wife owed - this is despite them selling the loan a few times and then repurchasing it back.

I thought this was dodgy so wrote to them and said so, including a threat to go via FOS.

I'm nearing the end of the 14 days I gave them to respond, so need to write again soon for SAR and FOS support - unless someone can advise differently?? By the way, I believe the debt to be Staturte Barred in any case.
        []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

Well I've had a reply with them being as helpful as ever. They are citing the PBP as not being PPI. (even though they've calculated a refund). They also continue to say that the "refund" must be used to pay off the outstanding debt which they have not chased and is now statute barred in any case. The Ombudsman is next, BUT ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE AND FOUND A DIFFERENT WAY?
          []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

I think that is despicable and I don't know if they can do that...condolences.
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by blueforyou View Post
              Well I've had a reply with them being as helpful as ever. They are citing the PBP as not being PPI. (even though they've calculated a refund). They also continue to say that the "refund" must be used to pay off the outstanding debt which they have not chased and is now statute barred in any case. The Ombudsman is next, BUT ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE AND FOUND A DIFFERENT WAY?
              I've not had a response yet, but if that is what they are going to try to pull, then my argument would be why they were forced to write in the first place (perhaps forced to do so by the FCA?!).

I think in your case the ombudsman is the the best route, which is of course a deliberate tactic on their part, as they know many people would be put off at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                I've not had a response yet, but if that is what they are going to try to pull, then my argument would be why they were forced to write in the first place (perhaps forced to do so by the FCA?!).

I think in your case the ombudsman is the the best route, which is of course a deliberate tactic on their part, as they know many people would be put off at this point.
                Well when you deal with financial scum, you expect this response. As well, they got my late wifes name wrong too. In any case, I am not one to be put off and the Ombudsman will now be contacted. I'll post progress!

Comment

Just to update this - had response from Monument just confirming receipt of my complaint and the timeframe they will provide a response by.

Comment

Originally posted by blueforyou View Post
                    Well when you deal with financial scum, you expect this response. As well, they got my late wifes name wrong too. In any case, I am not one to be put off and the Ombudsman will now be contacted. I'll post progress!
                    FOS form and bundle sent today. basically, how can agreed compensation not be paid and instead used to service an unenforceable debt?

Comment

Letter received from Monument today:

Accept no liability blah blah blah, however in final settlement willing to offer a refund of £1200.

Result!

Comment

Result I'd say xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          Letter received from Monument today:

Accept no liability blah blah blah, however in final settlement willing to offer a refund of £1200.

Result!
                          Thanks Nanna - I thought so - worth the price of a stamp and sending a letter for sure, and considering I hadn't even considered claiming this one a nice start to 2015!

Comment

Well done from me too SnV
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Had an acknowledgement from FOS re my Monument complaint. Awaiting response before end of March. Is it correct, any complaint to FOS costs the lender money anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X