GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Card Payment Protection - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Payment Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Payment Protection

Hi Guys / Di

Im starting this thread because i recently remembered my mother was paying Card Payment Protection for a number of years which covered pretty much most of her credit cards at the time.

It was a yearly payment, and only for around 6 years or so, so doubt there will be a lot to claim back but worth a go.

The downside is, all we have left is an old keyring with the details of the CPP company. Im afraid my mother didnt keep any copies of their statements.

So i will be sending a SAR on her behalf in the next few days to see what comes back, will keep my fingers crossed, but im not too sure whether they will still hold any data, or maybe only partial data.

At the very least i need to know, when the cover started, when it ended and the yearly amount.

So keep your fingers crossed for me and ill see what i can do.

If anyone has some useful advice id apreciate it.

BTW not sure of the company name as yet as im not at my mothers, but will update the thread as and when i get a little look.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Card Payment Protection

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Hi Guys / Di

Im starting this thread because i recently remembered my mother was paying Card Payment Protection for a number of years which covered pretty much most of her credit cards at the time.

It was a yearly payment, and only for around 6 years or so, so doubt there will be a lot to claim back but worth a go.

The downside is, all we have left is an old keyring with the details of the CPP company. Im afraid my mother didnt keep any copies of their statements.

So i will be sending a SAR on her behalf in the next few days to see what comes back, will keep my fingers crossed, but im not too sure whether they will still hold any data, or maybe only partial data.

At the very least i need to know, when the cover started, when it ended and the yearly amount.

So keep your fingers crossed for me and ill see what i can do.

If anyone has some useful advice id apreciate it.

BTW not sure of the company name as yet as im not at my mothers, but will update the thread as and when i get a little look.
    CPP might not be worth reclaiming to be fair. If it was an annual policy, probably looking at about £20p/a. If it was a three year policy, then about £45 or so for the three years.

I expect they will argue that you would have been covered should a wallet / purse / set of keys etc had of been lost.

Although CPP can be most sold, its no where near as common as PPI for being so.

Unless I have the wrong end of the stick and this was a generic "covers all" PPI policy - similar to Income Protection?
    Last edited by oscar; 2 January 2013, 17:08.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No i think your correct in your assessment.

Perhaps its not worth the hassle.

Comment

Hi SXGuy

Not too sure or if you have seen AAD Blog pages with reference to CPP.......Something 'New' that may be hit like PPI

Insurance company CPP hit by record FSA fine - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

I hadnt seen that no, but it appears that may have been what happend with my mother, because it was only a couple of years ago when the renewal was due i said to her, why are you paying CPP when if your credit cards are stolen, once you report it, any money taken would be refunded anyway.

She agreed and thats when she cancelled it.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm sure someone recently made a successful reclaim on this, even though it's not exactly PPI, but from what I can recall, this customer did not even want it but it was still added to the account.

This was sometime before Xmas, will see if I can find the post again, but like anything else, I'm sure you can still try putting in a complaint and ask if they will refund.

Comment

.....also the wording on the complaint will have to be carefully worded, or they may come back and say "its not ppi, blah blah", you need to make it clear that you understand this is a Card protection and not PPI, but you want to make a reclaim on this because...............(Reasons) etc....

Comment

thanks Di, ill consider whether its worth it or not and decide what to do.

Comment

Hope this is ok to post this link up Niddy, give me a slap on the wrist otherwise lol!

Just thought this may be of an interest to SXGuy......

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3817491

Comment

Thanks Di.

Really, its gonna come down to whether my mother believes it was forced on her or not i think.

I think any payout isnt gonna come to more than about £300, but then again, you shouldnt turn your nose up at unexpected income lol.

Ill have a chat with her tomorrow, and if she wants to go for it, ill SAR CPP for any info they still have.

Comment

Did I read that CPP were supposed to be writing to everybody who was within the miss-sold window?

We have this on a Barlclays account but before the window referred to.

Pretty much had come to the conclusion that we would not get anything for it as to be honest cant remember anything about it.

Didnt even know it was there until searching for PPI LOL. Oh to be young and foolish

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                        Did I read that CPP were supposed to be writing to everybody who was within the miss-sold window?

We have this on a Barlclays account but before the window referred to.

Pretty much had come to the conclusion that we would not get anything for it as to be honest cant remember anything about it.

Didnt even know it was there until searching for PPI LOL. Oh to be young and foolish
                        I think it does mention something of the kind in the above link I posted about CPP writing to customers etc, but like any bank - business it's not always the case and I would personally write to them myself direct, just in case.

LOL, we've all been there, don't worry lol. x

Comment

Is there a template letter to use for claiming card protection before 2005?

Comment

Chrissy.

Who were you paying the CPP to?

Comment

If so whoever the business was, check on their website if they have their own relevant complaints form first, but if not you can send a letter with your reasons.
                              I did add some templates some time ago, this does not actually go by what year etc, but it should still help.
                              I have been successful with reclaims as from the mid 90's.
                              Last edited by di30; 18 February 2014, 11:44. Reason: Incorrect info at the start now deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X