GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Card Payment Protection - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Payment Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Card Payment Protection

I was paying card protection to Barclaycard. I can only find one online complaints form, but that's for PPI. That's why I'm trying to find a template letter.

Comment

Barclaycard Card Protection is provided by Card Protection Plan Limited (CPP). This product is no longer available to purchase.

In November 2012 the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) announced that CPP Ltd must compensate customers, following sales practice that fell short of industry standards regarding card protection and identity theft products.A scheme of arrangements has been agreed with the FCA in order to provide full redress to eligible customers, simply, quickly and without the need to use a Claims Management Company. The Scheme will write to all customers who may be entitled to redress from 27th August 2013.
      Customers do not need to do anything at this stage.To find out more information about the redress Scheme visit www.cppredressscheme.co.uk or call CPP on 0800 083 4393. Their opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, and Saturdays 8am to 6pm
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you telephone them, and say you believe you paid card protection they will sort out the form you need to fill in.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Does this cover pre 2005?

Comment

Going by MSE it does not cover pre-2005, hence me looking for a template letter.

Comment

Chrissy.

We wrote to Barclays demanding it back. We enclosed statements from prior to 2005 (got from SAR which Mr Jenkins office had to get for us) within the complaint but covering letter just basically said we had this it was missold give it us back. (Always good to enclose press article or quote from internet. Plenty of them about on CPP just now) But in our own words. Again you will find with any complaint its always best in your words. Barclays give them their due wrote back about 4 weeks later with a cheque for the CPP. Now if it was CPP who coughed or Barclays just decided to do it themselves I dont really know but we got the money back.

But as everyone said its peanuts compared to PPI.

Comment

Thanks Ken, I only have one statement from 2001 that shows the card protection (didn't receive any previous statements).

I know it would be 'peanuts', but as Mr Tesco says.. every little helps

I will devise a letter, asking for a refund, and enclose a copy of that statement, and see what happens.

Comment

Received another letter from CPP today, they counted all the votes regarding the reclaim and have agreed to consider it, enclosed two forms, one for card protection, another for identify theft.

They also included some handy key points regarding what each stated the covered so to help with putting together a reason for a refund )

Comment

Can anyone confirm the correct address to send my letter to for Barclaycard?

Is it '51 Saffron Road, Leicester' - same address as for PPI?

Comment

Hi there

I have this directly from their website. x

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/ppi

write to us at Barclays PPI Dept, Leicester, LE87 2BB, United Kingdom

Comment

Thanks Di30.

Should I be calculating interest to a card protection claim (e.g. 8%)?

Also, does anyone know the difference between 'Card protection', and 'Card membership renewal' - as below?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3587-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1399466

Comment

From what I am aware of the answer is yes to the 8% as standard, but unless anyone knows differently. x

Comment

Thanks again.

Does anyone know what the 'Card membership' is.. should I be claiming that back too?

Comment

Hiya

Maybe this will have the details Chrissy......
                              http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...ard-protection

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyw28 View Post
                                Thanks Ken, I only have one statement from 2001 that shows the card protection (didn't receive any previous statements).

I know it would be 'peanuts', but as Mr Tesco says.. every little helps

I will devise a letter, asking for a refund, and enclose a copy of that statement, and see what happens.
                                Every little helps, with Tesco!?

That is not quite correct as I made a claim for the re-payment of my mis-sold rip-off Card Protection Insurance.
                                But they TPF, wrote back turning down my claim for a refund of PPI; yes PPI. You couldn't make it up but of course they called the PPI CPP!!!

p.s. TPF sold Sentinel Card Protection Insurance...

Comment

Working...
                                X