GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI advice

I have a AA visa card which was taken out approx 10 years ago. I am currently paying this via a DMC to Wescott but i still get statements from AA Visa. I did have PPI on this account but cancelled it probably 3 years into the account. I am now redundant from work and can no longer pay my DMC and will offer a token payment to Wescott, and then use some redundancy money to offer F & F. Will i be able to reclaim the PPi paid on this account and merge this with a F& F offer. I am really not sure and sorry to be vague but I honestly do not have dates amounts etc

Re: PPI advice

Originally posted by Mikejleeds View Post
    I have a AA visa card which was taken out approx 10 years ago. I am currently paying this via a DMC to Wescott but i still get statements from AA Visa. I did have PPI on this account but cancelled it probably 3 years into the account. I am now redundant from work and can no longer pay my DMC and will offer a token payment to Wescott, and then use some redundancy money to offer F & F. Will i be able to reclaim the PPi paid on this account and merge this with a F& F offer. I am really not sure and sorry to be vague but I honestly do not have dates amounts etc
    Hi Mike and welcome to AAD

Yes you can still make a reclaim on the PPI, and if successful the refund is normally awarded towards the debt balance of the Credit Card, interest and anything remaining should be refunded to yourself.

You would still pursue AA business, as they were the ones responsible for setting this up for you, and you do so by completing in the reclaim questionnaire as below.
    These questionnaire's were issued by the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) for customer's to use to make a reclaiming complaint to the business who sold you the policy, remember to keep copies for yourself as well.

The questionnaire however, will ask dates, so even a year will do, if you do not have the precise dates.
    You could though try contacting the AA dept who may send you details, but otherwise if you do require further paperwork, A Subject Access Request (SAR) may help.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

You do not require the calculations for the reclaim form either, but if successful they should send you a detailed breakdown, or you can request for this.

Hope this helps, but please post further if you require more help.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the info how do i go about getting the SAR is there a template i can use

tx

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejleeds View Post
        Thanks for the info how do i go about getting the SAR is there a template i can use

tx

Mike
        ---------> Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X