GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA Credit Ins fees = PPI??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA Credit Ins fees = PPI???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA Credit Ins fees = PPI???

I'm looking to reclaim from MBNA. Sent a SAR request and got a reply this morning. The information they sent goes back to 2007 although the credit card was taken out in 2002. Is it possible they do not have the info prior to 2007 and how do I find out if they do?

On the transactions list they ahve sent me there are :

'POSTED CREDIT INSURANCE FEES' until April 2008, then there are 2x 'CREDIT INSURANCE PLAN COVERAGE' entries and then they seem to call it 'PAYMENT PROTECTION COVER' for the remainder of the card life.

Are these all PPI entries?

Whats interesting is on the CCA they sent me which i'm not sure is even enforceable I have ticked the box refusing Payment Protection Cover.

Also on the documents are entries for
    Late fees -£12
    Special Cash Interest
    Posted Retail Interest
    Posted Cash Advance Fees
    Posted Cash Advance Interest
    Other Interest
    Overlimit Fee
    Finance Charge (after April 2008)

Can any of these be reclaimed also and if so can I sned them a letter along the lines of 'please refund all PPI and charges'? or will they be separate claims?

Thank you

Re: MBNA Credit Ins fees = PPI???

PPC is PPI so thats a yes there, im not clued up on those other items but sounds about right. Di30 will no doubt pop in and advise you.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Possible MBNA have information going back further than 6 years, however there is no way to find out if they do. They will hide behind legislation stating that they only have to retain data for 6 years.

Special Cash Interest, Posted Retail Interest, Posted Cash Advance Interest, Other Interest and Finance Charge (after April 2008) you cannot claim back as these will relate to the account balance.

Overlimit and late fees you can, though I am unsure (now) of the success rate at the £12 level.

The insurance fees would depend on the amount and frequency - thats the easiest way to determine PPI/PPC - the others do appear to be Payment Insurance.

Out of curiosity, was this originally an MBNA card or one they aquired / bought at a later date? That could be the reason for the different wordings.

You can send an all in one letter, but personally, I would keep the charges and PPI as seperate issues/letters
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there Daniel

Cheers to Oscar and SXGuy too who have said what I would have said in regards of it being PPI.
        Do you have any information stating what the insurance was supposed to protect you for, eg: unemployment, sickness etc? if you do and it applies to these then yes its PPI and sometimes they use the wording in short as PPP, there are different versions that can mean the same.

I would personally reclaim PPI separate to charges, although there is no harm in sending 2 letters in the same envelope.

Here is the direct link to MBNA PPI where you can download the complaint form for PPI.
        http://www.mbna.co.uk/security-prote...ce-complaints/
        And where to send etc, always keep a copy if you can as well for your own records.

And here in regards of the charges etc..
        http://www.mbna.co.uk/contact-us/complaints-procedure/

Maybe Niddy will be able to let you know more in regards of the enforceable or unenforceable side of things first and go from there, but have you settled the account in full? if so I'm not sure if this matter will count.

There is no harm in asking if they do hold any further details of the account whilst you continue with your complaints x

Comment

Thanks SXGuy and Oscar for your help.

Di, I do not have any information relating to the T&C's of this PPI. I didnt think i'd had any as the box in unticked on the agreement/application form, but noticed the credit insurance charges when looking through the transaction list. The balance is not settled and is currently with a DCA. Hoping Niddy can take a look at the agreement. Was very helpful with a previous agreement I needed looking at.

Comment

Could guarantee that if you asked, the PPI/PPC was applied over a telephone call, for which they do not have a recording, but they know that their sales process was compliant at the time. Or some bullshit like that.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
              Could guarantee that if you asked, the PPI/PPC was applied over a telephone call, for which they do not have a recording, but they know that their sales process was compliant at the time. Or some bullshit like that.
              Worked for me ;-)

Comment

Thanks very much for all the help given above. I've now composed letters and schedules of charges to send to MBNA requesting my PPI and charges back. Do I need to send a letter to the DCA also, informing i'm disputing the amount? If so is there a template anywhere? Had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by daniel197 View Post
                  Thanks very much for all the help given above. I've now composed letters and schedules of charges to send to MBNA requesting my PPI and charges back. Do I need to send a letter to the DCA also, informing i'm disputing the amount? If so is there a template anywhere? Had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Cheers
                  Hi

I dont think there is a need to contact the DCA as well, just the ones responsible for selling it to you, unless of course your dealing with a payment matter with them now, for eg: a payment plan arrangement.
                  If there is one already in place that your paying back bit by bit, I would maybe leave that for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X