CPP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPP??

Had a letter today from CPP saying I had a policy with a card sometime ago .. not PPI.. and I could be entitled to a refund.Never heard of them and I am not to contact just wait till they write again. ummm will wait and see.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: CPP??

Its big news - CPP was cardholder protection, like if you lost one card they would cancel them all for you and they'd offer cash advances if you were lost without cash etc.

It was a scam from the old days where banks added it to your accounts, CPP auto wrote to all their customers so if they've contacted you, then you're due a refund as you've had a policy at some time in the past.

Well done

see this --> http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...tle-value.html
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They are rolling out a scheme and you have to agree or object to it when they write to you again within 8 weeks. This scheme is basically a way to repay you £30 per year from 2005 to date or when the protection was cancelled.

I am yet to see what this "scheme" entails, but they say they wasnt regulated by FSA pre 2005 so wont pay out before that date.

Will be interesting to see what i may or may not agree to when it comes. But its looking like i may have to request a claim with the underwriters prior 2005 as im sure they would have been regulated by someone. I wonder if the "scheme" will have a clause where you agree to not chase the rest pre 2005. Who knows!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great reading the link thanks Niddy . SXguy good luck .Nice to think there may be some good news .

Comment

Re CCP?

Sorry I cant find my original CPP question , I have received today a letter and form asking me to vote on whether or not the scheme they are running is a good idea and a date has been set in the court , if they get 75% yes then the will continue to redress. I do not have to attend but can send the form back they will then send out a claim form if the scheme goes ahead. Think I have got that right.

Comment

Re: Re CCP?

Here's your original thread nanna---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s....php?11021-CPP It's in the Reclaiming section.

Sorry I can't help you with your question.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanx Pix I will send of the forms anyway and see what happens cant hurt can it. I f you want to move it to the original section pls do.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Sorry I cant find my original CPP question , I have received today a letter and form asking me to vote on whether or not the scheme they are running is a good idea and a date has been set in the court , if they get 75% yes then the will continue to redress. I do not have to attend but can send the form back they will then send out a claim form if the scheme goes ahead. Think I have got that right.
                Yep, got mine the other day as well. Thats pretty much it. Fill it in and send it off.

Comment

cheers mate and very good luckxxx

Comment

MrD got one too, can't believe we had any of this as i was always ultra careful not to have these things, filled it in though, so we'll see

Comment

I have no ideas what it can be but time will tell good luck to Mr D

Comment

feeling a bit Christmassy Nanna?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                          MrD got one too, can't believe we had any of this as i was always ultra careful not to have these things, filled it in though, so we'll see
                          I got one too.

Comment

How have you all got on, any further developments yet folks?

Comment

Nothing yet di, filled the form out, havent heard anything since.

Comment

Working...
                              X