GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DFS (First National Tricity Finance Limited) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DFS (First National Tricity Finance Limited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS (First National Tricity Finance Limited)

Purchased a sofa from DFS on 31.03.01 on 36 months no deposit interest free credit, have the copy of the original invoice which gave the purchase price.
    I also have a copy of the credit agreement which gives the purchase price plus a lump sum PPI which has then been divided by the 36 months.
    Certainly do not remember talking about PPI as being part of the agreement, would have declined it anyway as covered by work and other insurances.
    Not really expecting anything but would like to give it a go.
    The credit agreement was with First National Tricity Finance Limited ( A member of The Abbey National Group) (Registered in England 544013)
    Registered Office: Tricity House, 284 Southbury Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 1HF.
    Just would like pointing in the right direction with regards sending letter and FOS questionnaire.

Re: DFS (First National Tricity Finance Limited)

If you have the paperwork then well worth a go in my opinion. You dont even have to start by trying to get the papers out of them via a SAR.

Its going to be Satans bank sadly who are as slippery as it comes and love pre 2005 accounts as that can lead to them saying it werent their fault as not regulated back then.

From my limited experience of the harder accounts to claim on (Storecards/underwriters and the likes) I think with hindsight I would have spoken to FOS first to try and identify my target and who to write to. I didnt and have wasted valuable time and resources in chasing the wrong peeps.

A quick phonecall to them hopefully will reveal it is Satans bank but might also reveal they werent regulated at Tricity Finance (I dont know that as they may well have been).

If they werent it would be the underwriter you are after.

Di has a spiffing letter if it is the underwriter. They should be named on your policy documents.

Comment

Thanks Ken, underwriters appear to be Pinnacle Insurance Plc, Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX.
      Will search for Di's letter, I have a feeling I read somewhere that Tricity Finance were not regulated, but I will check.

Comment

Is it these guys...?

First National Tricity Finance Ltd - Finance Leasing Association
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have read a few threads. Not here but MSE when I was wet behind the ears that seem to be saying Pinnicle were starting to cough. So I would still have a go. Just might take longer than a bank one.

Sorry I didnt take much interest because I wasnt chasing them.

Di is your lady as she will probably know if that is correct.

I would PM her and ask her about it.

Like I said I wasted so much time faffing after the bank when it seems they all run a mile if they aint regulated.

Good luck will try and race you with my underwriter one. So far its been a disaster but I let myself down and didnt research it well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
            Di is your lady as she will probably know if that is correct.

I would PM her and ask her about it.
            Click here to do so --> allaboutFORUMS New PM - Di30
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Thats the address on the paperwork, would it be them or the underwriters I start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Silver View Post
                Thats the address on the paperwork, would it be them or the underwriters I start with.
                Usually start with them, then if they decline you move to the underwriters but best to PM Di as she'll know the best way forward and may have dealt with them in the past.....

Comment

I read somewhere that they were swallowed up by santander bank.

Ill have a search for you.

Comment

Have tried, but it says that Di has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot except further messages until they clear some space.
                    She must be a very busy lady
                    I will try again later, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Silver View Post
                      Have tried, but it says that Di has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot except further messages until they clear some space.
                      She must be a very busy lady
                      I will try again later, thanks.
                      oh shit - thats me - I was playing with PM message storage earlier

I will fix it - she's online so try again now (sorry di and all mods).....

Comment

Will,

Have sent her a message for you, so will be along shortly.

Comment

Hiya just arrived back home from helping my niece move house.

I did receive an email notification, to confirm full PM box, tried clicking on the ones by ticking them first, then click delete but they are still there at still 100% full

Comment

I dont believe anyone has been successful due to how old the credit is and it not being under FOS jurisdiction. They are now owned by Santander.

This was a reply dated October 2012 on the MSE boards in reply to the question.

"Has anyone had a succesful claim against First National Tricity Finance"

Am struggling to dig up any information on Pinnicle Insurance at all.

The one that was starting to cough was Cardiff Pinnicle. Different company.

Comment

That is the thread I read, however our lovely Di has experience with these companies so she is your lady.

Comment

Working...
                              X