GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Diaries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming Diaries

I don't know if I am in the right place or not, or if even such a place exists but I'm hoping so on both accounts.

I've a number of claims with different banks/credit cards at the moment regarding charges and have actually passed them to the FOS, I was wondering if I posted them up here if anyone could give me any further advice as I don't seem to actually be getting anywhere with these charges and they amount to over £5k, the majority of which came about after a lengthy spell of mine in hospital when I was unable to address my banking and then got caught in the snowball effect with charges ontop of charges that I couldn't break free from.

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

Rainbow

Re: Reclaiming Diaries

Hiya,

You need to ring the FOS and see what their update is, really. But to be fair Di is our resident reclaiming expert so i'd ask her and see what she says, she has vast FOS dealings herself

Best of luck, and bear in mind right now a few banks are refusing to buckle - regardless of what the FOS say - such as Lloyds Banking Group.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Are these bank charges or a ppi reclaiming matter?

If you have been pursuing the bank and they have not resolved your case by 8 weeks, the normal procedure from there is to make a complaint to the FOS as Niddy also says.

Have you received any written correspondence at all?

Thanks.

Comment

They are bank charges that I have been trying to reclaim.

I had been ontop of all of my accounts but was taken seriously ill in 2005 and spent 2 months in hospital. My OH couldn't access my accounts and obviously I couldn't do anything about them whilst I was in hospital, I ended up with charges on charges on charges and no matter how I was trying to get out of it I just couldn't. My health has never been the same and I've struggled alot since then not only physically but mentally as well.

I initially wrote to everyone in 2007 but needless to say I got caught up in the test case and had to wait with everyone else, all the time still incurring more charges.

The worst for the charges has been Abbey as they total nearly £5K alone.

I have written to the FOS but haven't had a favourable response from any of the claims I had initiated despite showing hardship. I will never break out of the cycle as I just can't get free of the overdrafts. Without all these charges from all the banks against me I wouldn't even be overdrawn.

Other debts of mine were being repaid at £1 per month as explained over on the UE diaries. Im going back into hospital on monday for further surgery so everything again is up in the air

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Liberty
          They are bank charges that I have been trying to reclaim.

I had been ontop of all of my accounts but was taken seriously ill in 2005 and spent 2 months in hospital. My OH couldn't access my accounts and obviously I couldn't do anything about them whilst I was in hospital, I ended up with charges on charges on charges and no matter how I was trying to get out of it I just couldn't. My health has never been the same and I've struggled alot since then not only physically but mentally as well.

I initially wrote to everyone in 2007 but needless to say I got caught up in the test case and had to wait with everyone else, all the time still incurring more charges.

The worst for the charges has been Abbey as they total nearly £5K alone.

I have written to the FOS but haven't had a favourable response from any of the claims I had initiated despite showing hardship. I will never break out of the cycle as I just can't get free of the overdrafts. Without all these charges from all the banks against me I wouldn't even be overdrawn.

Other debts of mine were being repaid at £1 per month as explained over on the UE diaries. Im going back into hospital on monday for further surgery so everything again is up in the air

Hiya

Aww bless you, I do hope your recovering okay now.

Right in regards of bank charges this is not actually my thing really, ppi is what i mainly deal with but I take it your case is still with the FOS at this current time then?

Have you requested for "Fast Tracking" due to your circumstances?
          If not then I would ask for this, you would have to explain your situation (if you have not done so already) but realistically this should be considered under the hardship category within the FOS, because charges go on and on and builds up as you know.

May I ask how long your case have been with the FOS?
          Thank you X

Comment

Now that I'm out of hospital I'm trying to get my head back around to dealing with my reclaims and plan to do diaries for each bank in turn but for now I wanted to ask a question if you don't mind.

As explained briefly in the OP alot of my charges came from when I was ill in hospital back in 2005 and have snowballed out of control and I've been trying to juggle things for years unsuccessfully.

I had two accounts with First Direct and a Credit Card, I managed to clear the credit card eventually and they then withdrew all my banking facilities from them. The overdraft I have outstanding with them on both accounts is soley made up from charges they have placed against me and despite me asking for help on numerous occasions the charges just kept growing.

Earlier this year I wrote to the Financial Ombudsman but First Direct wouldn't budge over the charges and I have no way of paying back the entire overdraft (approx £750 from the two accounts)

I've recently been getting letters from a company called Metropolitan Collection Services Limited with regard to First Direct's outstanding balance. Does this mean that First Direct have sold the debt on. Surely they can't do that if it is in dispute with the FOS can they, where do I go from here.

HELP!

Comment

Hiya

Hope your feeling better now and hope things are going ok in your health now too.

I have not heard of that company before, but just checked them out here.
              http://www.moneymanagersuk.co.uk/Metrop ... rvices.php

They do seem to be a private collection service.

If this matter is still with the FOS, you can write to the company to tell them your account is currently in dispute and being dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), and what you should do as well if this is the case is contact the FOS to let them know you've received a letter from that collection business, and ask them on what you should do about this.

When we were receiving letters from debt agencies, I informed the adjudicator, and they suggested that I write to let them know the matter was currently in the hands with the FOS until further notice and you would appreciate if they would back off until this matter have been resolved through the FOS.

They should leave you a alone for a while at least.
              X

Comment

Working...
              X