GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide overdraft handed to KPR - NOTICE - FORMAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide overdraft handed to KPR - NOTICE - FORMAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide overdraft handed to KPR - NOTICE - FORMAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT.

Hello all,
    I have had an overdraft with Nationwide for some time now.
    I have been making token payments for some time now of £5.00 per month.
    Total owing is around £750.
    Last time i heard from them was a few months ago saying i had broken terms of payment agreement....i was a few days making payment, but payments was made at the agreed level, and has been paid on time since then.
    Out of the blue i received the letter i have put on here for you to have a look at.

These w****** shafted me once before with a Nationwide credit card, and i ended up with a CCJ....
    I was very naive back then.....
    Any advice on this one would be much appreciated guys......

All the best Steve
    Steve

Re: Nationwide overdraft handed to KPR - NOTICE - FORMAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT.

Hiya Steve. There's no letter showing, at least for me.

See what others think but have you sent the OD cca request letter? http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post159405
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie,
      Not sure why letter isn't showing?
      I have not gone down the CCA request route on this one.

Thanks for the quick response.
      Attached Files
      Steve

Comment

Have they sent you a Default Notice and terminated the account Steve?

Comment

Hi Elsa,
          A default notice was sent, not sure what date it was?
          Account still live as far as i know, i have a bank card for the account and they let me pay money into the account with the overdraft.

Steve
          Steve

Comment

Ok,
            Having gone through paperwork i have realised that KPR are in fact part of Nationwide.
            I should have remembered that from last time i did battle with these clowns.
            All i do remember is that they were all over me like a rash last time, and before i knew it i was in court with a CCJ and subsequent charging order.
            I will send them a letter along with another income and expenditure sheet, and they may yet find that the £5.00 i have been paying is actually £2.00 per month more than i should have been paying going by the Citizens advice spreadsheet.

Panic over for now.....
            Will continue to update though.

Thanks as always

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Another quick one for you if its possible to advise.....
              Just reading through some of the templates and my assumption is that the wording of the letter i put up on this thread from KPR could infer that legal proceedings were possible.
              Would i be wrong in sending the formal letter before response template?????
              This would clarify the default date, but i'm not sure about the termination date, because account is still live, and the CCA part.
              Or am i talking tosh????

Steve
              Steve

Comment

It's not a letter before action, just a fairly standard legal threat saying they're "considering" action, in order to scare you, so LBA response not appropriate yet. Are they still adding interest/charges to this?

Comment

Hi Elsa
                  No charges being added.
                  Steve

Comment

Ahh that's good at least.
                    There's not really much wriggle room with overdrafts, you can play for time by sending a CCA request specifically for overdrafts, or you can write to them showing a list of all your £5 payments, with dates, saying you cannot understand why the account has been passed to them when you are already making regular payments of the maximum you can afford.
                    I'd probably go for the latter. It's not a massive amount of money to them, so hopefully they'll just reinstate your plan.

Comment

Thanks Elsa
                      Great advice and very much appreciated.

Best Regards

Steve
                      Steve

Comment

No probs Steve....Let us know how you get on

Comment

Working...
                        X