GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Notice for uunregulated loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Notice for uunregulated loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Notice for uunregulated loan

Does anyone know if a default notice has to be served if someone has an unregulated secured loan agreement? or does the issuing of a default notice only apply to regulated agreements?
    Last edited by transformer999; 27 October 2011, 15:59.

Re: Default Notice for uunregulated loan

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...dit/oft140.pdf

This may help
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi T999,

If the agreement is unregulated (definitely) then I would assume that the terms and conditions as signed up to would apply. Certainly the requirements of CCA1974/2006 would not apply I would think.

However how is the agreement certainly not regulated? There were very few exceptions to the Act and even some of the more unscrupulous lenders (like all of them if they could get away with it) would try to say unregulated when it cannot be so.

Limited companies, over £25000 initial value ex interest etc are basic exceptions.

Garlok

Comment

Thanks guys, agreement is definately unregulated as it was taken out in Sept 2007 and was over £25k.

I have tried to read as much info as I can and trust me I have gone partially blind trying to get the answers lol....................BUT I am not giving up.

I have a court hearing coming soon and I up seeing if I will get sent to the gallows or not but before I go down I need to know I went down fighting.

I was served with a DN for my agreement and it does not comply with the DN regs............then again if the loan is unregulated the lender is not obliged to send a DN on an unreg loan..................but what if he does send a DN?

That would make someone assume they had a regulated agreement would it not?

Comment

Hi garlok, there is no mention of the word default in the agreement at all or in the terms and conditions. TBH I don't even know what type apart from that it is unregulated............what type of agreement I have.

Originally posted by garlok View Post
          Hi T999,

If the agreement is unregulated (definitely) then I would assume that the terms and conditions as signed up to would apply. Certainly the requirements of CCA1974/2006 would not apply I would think.

However how is the agreement certainly not regulated? There were very few exceptions to the Act and even some of the more unscrupulous lenders (like all of them if they could get away with it) would try to say unregulated when it cannot be so.

Limited companies, over £25000 initial value ex interest etc are basic exceptions.

Garlok

Comment

Hi T999,

The loan is unregulated as such as far as I can tell then. The "agreement" will therefore be a "contract". Any case you have or being brought against you will I would think, stand or fall on the small print of those terms and conditions. You might get something from the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and a chat with Trading Standards might not come amiss.

The problem with all unregulated stuff is that they are just that, unregulated. In general, contract law allows anyone to put anything they like into a contract as long as they can find some fool to sign it, (no derogatory intent here bt the way just the way it has been put to me in ths past) hence CAVEAT EMPTOR always applies.

Just recently Niddy has been looking in on a thread which also has an unregulated agreement. I'll go and have a look around to find it if I can. Mught be worth a read.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
              Hi T999,

The loan is unregulated as such as far as I can tell then. The "agreement" will therefore be a "contract". Any case you have or being brought against you will I would think, stand or fall on the small print of those terms and conditions. You might get something from the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and a chat with Trading Standards might not come amiss.

The problem with all unregulated stuff is that they are just that, unregulated. In general, contract law allows anyone to put anything they like into a contract as long as they can find some fool to sign it, (no derogatory intent here bt the way just the way it has been put to me in ths past) hence CAVEAT EMPTOR always applies.

Just recently Niddy has been looking in on a thread which also has an unregulated agreement. I'll go and have a look around to find it if I can. Mught be worth a read.

Garlok
              http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...06&postcount=1
              Was it this Garlok ?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thats the one mate. Many thanks.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Thanks guys I will have a look and see if I can get any help....

Comment

Is section 3 onwards of this link any use?

The Consumer Credit Act 2006 and the New Regulations

Comment

Thanks BBoo I think I have enough points and arguments for the unfair relationship test but wanted to get as mush together as possible...in case one is not enough then I need to make sure that I something else up my sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Yea but no good as unregulated so cca doesn't come into things sadly.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is it possible to post up the T&C's for us to read?

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                            Is it possible to post up the T&C's for us to read?
                            I can't as attached to form and I'd need permission. Plus they're not relevant - I guess you're asking transformer?

The one I looked at was an unregulated fixed sum contract!
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys but I belive my contract comes under contract law..........so many bloody acts, rules and regulations that you forget your head from your arse at times.

I have been reading up on some very good case law which fingers crossed will be very helpful to my situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X