GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM

David Cameron is expected to tell UK households to pay off their credit and store card debts in his keynote speech to the Conservative conference later.
    The prime minister will argue that the debt crisis was caused by individuals - as well as businesses, banks and government - borrowing too much.
    But he will tell activists Britain is not doomed to "certain decline" and there is real cause for optimism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15171917

Is this PM real, rofl if only we had the money it pay it back as we do not pay the interest and charges for the hell of it.

Mr Cameron you are really starting to show your true colours get real man.

Re: Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM

He really doesn't have a clue what life is like for people without his privileged background and Etonian connections.

Comment

Stick to politics Dave; evidently finance ain't your strong point
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry can't stop - just off to pay all my debt off.................

Comment

We could use some of there fiddled expenses to pay off are debts
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or maybe to improve education mate "our" or "are"?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Or maybe, just maybe, we get a Chancellor who has qualifications, background, and knows what he is talking about rather than just trying to "wing it"
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do you think his mate, Rothchild has said "We are a bit short this month Dave, could you get some of the Hoi Polloi to give us some of our Money back".

As was said this morning about the flood of spam mail that comes through most of the letter boxes in this Country offering Credit Cards and Dodgy Loans, What about doing something about the irresponsible lenders.

It shows how out of touch he is. Many thousands of Families rely on their Credit Cards to make ends meet these days. For some it is the only way to balance the budget.

Regards all, Handy
                Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if everyone did as he is suggesting and paid off ALL their credit card bills, would that not mean the CC companies lose a vast amount in interest and quite possibly end up going out of business as all they'd be doing was offering interest free loans?

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if everyone did as he is suggesting and paid off ALL their credit card bills, would that not mean the CC companies lose a vast amount in interest and quite possibly end up going out of business as all they'd be doing was offering interest free loans?
                    Which is True, Just goes to prove he's talking out of his hat as usual.

Unless, if we were all debt free (wouldn't that be nice - But never going to happen for me). Then we would all have extra disposable income to cushion us from the recession in the undoubted increase in Taxation he would levy.

Who runs the Tory think tank? They certainly don't live on the same planet as Handy
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Rapid back pedal.

BBC News - Tory conference: Cameron rewrites credit card call

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                        As I mentioned mate
                        Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Stick to politics Dave; evidently finance ain't your strong point

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          As I mentioned mate

Hi Niddy,
                          Well when you get home you may find an e mail from Dave or George asking for advice, they seem as useless about finance as most of us here.

Comment

Cameron, any more bright ideas...lol!

Comment

wow...brilliant....just proving yet again how out of touch with people he is!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X