GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pat's Debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat's Debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat's Debts

Here are a list of my debts, I will add as I find the details

• HSBC LOAN
    • Started April 2013
    • Approx Balance £6200
    • Last Paid 29/3/14
    • Up to date

• HSBC Overdaft
    • Start Jan 2010
    • Balance £750
    • Limit 1000
    • Up to date

• HSBC Credit Card
    • Start sometime in 2010
    • Balance £929.35
    • Last paid 19/03/2014
    • Up to date

• Very Club book
    • Start April 2011
    • Balance 945
    • Up to date

There are two more I will add later
    How do I talk to them now my job has finished?

Re: Pat's Debts

Originally posted by Pat View Post
    Here are a list of my debts, I will add as I find the details . . . . There are two more I will add later
    How do I talk to them now my job has finished?

Hello Pat and to AAD.

My only reaction at this stage is don't talk to them. Put everything in writing so you've got a good paper trail.

Comment

Hi Pat

So you've lost your job from your original post? Do you have payment protection insurance with any of these products?

What is your current employment position? Are you likely to be starting a new job anytime soon?

Do you have any savings you can draw on to make payments temporarily?

And as Plan B said when and if you contact creditors you do so in writing

SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for the replies and sorry it has taken me so long to get back.
        I do not have any insurances as it didn't seem worth it as I was on a fixed term contract.

It is unlikely now that I will get any job until my health problems are fixed. I am on the waiting list for an Op and once that I over I will need another one with a 3-6 month rehab.

Sorry my savings are minimal , enough really to top me up for a month or so now. I have the car but if I sell it, it will not pay off the loan and I do need it. Maybe I could get an old banger instead

Comment

Are you a homeowner?

if so, sole or joint?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Are you a homeowner?

if so, sole or joint?

Niddy isn't being nosey, he's carrying out a risk assessment

Pat says she's not a homeowner on her profile page.

Comment

now my job has finished?
              I was on a fixed term contract. It is unlikely now that I will get any job until my health problems are fixed. I am on the waiting list for an Op and once that I over I will need another one with a 3-6 month rehab.
              If you're no longer working have you applied for any relevant benefits? If you're not a homeowner you're probably renting (unless living with a family member) in which case have you applied for Housing Benefit to cover the rent?

Comment

Ok not working and not a homeowner - send a cca and stop payments and try living for now.... That's what I'd be looking at
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello
                  To answer your questions , I rent a small 2 bed house and have applied for sick benefit and housing benefit.

Sorry but what is a cca?

Comment

but what is a cca?
                    --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...1-starting-out

Comment

You'll need to register on the AAD main website to access that template letter (if you haven't already done that). Do it using the same username and password that you used to register for the forum. It may take a few hours to process after that.

It's just an added security precaution which is explained here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post389442

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        You'll need to register on the AAD main website to access that template letter (if you haven't already done that). Do it using the same username and password that you used to register for the forum. It may take a few hours to process after that.

It's just an added security precaution which is explained here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post389442
                        thanks PlanB.

I forgot to explain

Comment

thanks PlanB. I forgot to explain

Comment

Thank you
                            I have found the cca request but am not sure what it will do. What happens when I stop paying
                            I really want o try and deal with them nicely so that when I am back at work things will be ok

Comment

Hi Pat

depending on the reply to your CCA request your debts may not be enforceable. You are not being told go down the unenforceable route, but it may give you different options to deal with everything.

unfortunately not all lenders and DCAs play nicely!
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X