GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pat's Debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat's Debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pat's Debts

Originally posted by Pat View Post
    Thank you
    I have found the cca request but am not sure what it will do. What happens when I stop paying
    I really want o try and deal with them nicely so that when I am back at work things will be ok
    ok so look to speak to a free DMP provider such as Stepchange......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have sent off the cca requests . Do I just wait now?

I have googled stepchange and will give them a call

Comment

Just let us know when you receive anything back from them.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you again.
          I telephoned stepchange who suggested selling my car to clear the small things like Credit card and OD then asking the bank to accept smaller monthly payments , maybe interest only with the remaining money. It does seem like a workable idea, anyone agree?

Comment

Hi Pat in post 4 you say that you need your car. If you buy an old banger will your potential running costs put you worse off financially?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know, this is the problem about the car, just don't know what to do for the best. If I keep the car then I can only afford small payments , stepchange called them token payments but said that will damage my credit rating but the car should last a few years yet . If I sell it and buy an old banger then I might be able to keep my credit rating so that when I get a job I can buy a newer one but then if it falls apart I will struggle to fix it and keep up my repayments

I just don't know what to do for the best at the moment

Comment

If you aren't paying the full sum I believe your credit rating will be damaged.

Comment

It depends on whether you're likely to need credit again and also whether they are likely to offer you it. If the latter is a no (missed payments / DMP etc) then you may as we'll fight and have 6 years of no credit as the defaults / late markers won't really help anyway so it's lose/lose.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                    I telephoned stepchange who suggested selling my car to clear the small things like Credit card and OD then asking the bank to accept smaller monthly payments , maybe interest only with the remaining money. It does seem like a workable idea, anyone agree?
                    Wow that was a BIG suggestion by Stepchange to resolve your current financial problems

Your question is "anyone agree" so my answer to that has to be "no I don't" until you've considered all your options.

Cym is right. Selling a decent pair of wheels to pay your debts only to replace it with inferior wheels which will cost you more to maintain is not a good idea.

Let's chat more about your overall situation before you take the plunge

Comment

Thank you all for the help so far. I am beginning to get things sorted , rent, benefits etc . The more I look around the more options I see but non of them seem to have an overall good side.

I have read different things about insolvency, know that a debt relief order lasts a year but does that till ruin your credit for 6 years, would they take the car?

Now my money is sorted I think I have about 6 weeks to get arrngements made

Comment

I thought I would update you. I have written to my creditors making a small monthly offer. After talking to my GP she was very kind and on my fit note said about needing hospital treatment and that I would be unable to work until after that. I copied it and included it with my letter. So far I have not heard back .

Comment

Good luck ...

Comment

Thank you Deepie

Comment

Well the bank have said they can give me a 6 month payment holiday but will still keep adding interest and the credit card have said they will freeze interest for 6 months as long as I can pay £25 a month. Not heard from the catalogue yet but the bill is due to be paid

Comment

Erm
                                The catalogue have finaly written me. They are offering nothing. They want minimum payments and will add interest. The letter was really rude and I suppose was sticking 2 fingers up

Comment

Working...
                                X