GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script marling - sole trader debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marling - sole trader debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marling - sole trader debt

hi all

my previous self employed job was selling items on ebay, mid december i had to pack it in as i was not earning enough and i am presently un-employed.
    i have an outstanding debt with ebay which is £900, i have been contacted with a final reminder by a company called transcom.
    i was a sole trader under my own personal name there was no trading name. at present i have made no contact.

could you please move this to the relevant forum please and would be thankfull of any advice please
    is this just another personal debt or otherwise ?

many thanks
    marling

Re: marling - sole trader debt

Hi,

As a sole trader you will be liable for the debt mate. Out of curiosity: how have you managed to owe ebay £900 you lucky bugger! Usually they take money asap.

Cheers
    SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
      Hi,

As a sole trader you will be liable for the debt mate. Out of curiosity: how have you managed to owe ebay £900 you lucky bugger! Usually they take money asap.

Cheers
      SA
      hi sa gold

yes i knew i would be liable, but is it say like a normal credit card debt, or will they have more power as it was a business debt, not forgetting i am no longer trading and have no assets ?
      i had a shop, shafted them like they shafted me, greedy b******s

cheers marling

Comment

hi marling,
        but the business was you mate. If your business was a limited company then that would be different (assuming the debts were taken out in the companies name) - although i think they are now chasing the directors too.
        What has happened so far then mate?
        Last edited by SA Gold; 5 March 2014, 21:43.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
          hi marling,
          but the business was you mate. If your business was a limited company then that would be different (assuming the debts were taken out in the companies name) - although i think they are now chasing the directories too.
          What has happened so far then mate?

so far just an intial letter and then a final demand letter from transcom.
          what i am trying to ask is will ebay/transcom have more power because it is a sole trader debt, rather than the credit card debts(totally unrelated) i have on the unenforceability diaries forum.

Comment

I don't recall seeing an eBay debt on here to be honest. Have you actually applied for credit or is it just a debt built up from fees?

Few things come to mind:

I am not sure ebay has a credit licence.
            I don't think ebay has a uk business and not sure if this would have an impact on them trying to chase you for the balance.
            Have you actually agreed to anything either electronically or in writing? For example, I know the t&c's of me using PayPal means they can claw money back from me.

If you can provide as much information about how you obtained the credit in the first place someone may be able to advise further which may start with requesting a copy of the agreement; available within the template area.
            Cheers
            SA

Comment

Truth is a debt with ebay, is literally like breaking a contract, i.e terms and conditions. So if you don't pay it, they can issue a summons to court for the amount and issue a judgement.

You have no rights under the CCA like you do with credit cards.

However that being said, if they sell the debt to a DCA then you may avoid court if they accepted a monthly repayment.

Comment

I'd not worry tbh. Just ignore it and see what they do.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

many thanks
                  will wait for next correspondence

Comment

Originally posted by marling View Post
                    many thanks
                    will wait for next correspondence
                    Fingers crossed nothing will become of this mate

Comment

Working...
                    X