GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is Niddy here? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Niddy here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Niddy here?

Hi Everyone,

I am new and am looking for Niddy after being advised to on the Bailiff advice forum (which was fantastically helpful and friendly BTW)

So here is my story and if anyone can help or offer advice I would be grateful,

I, foolishly, took out a loan from NAAFI 14 years ago whilst in the army, for 5k. To cut a long story short it was turned into a CCJ by close credit management about 12 years ago and I have been paying monthly since.

Times have become hard and the money has not been in my bank to be taken since October and my Mom has told me today that her house has received 2 letters for me. One a couple of weeks ago saying no payments are received and a second one yesterday saying the bailiffs are coming for the contents of the house.
    I am 39 now and have not lived with my Mom since a brief spell coming out if the army in 2001.

I have called the credit company today and the bailiff office. The credit company told me that although I borrowed £5k from Warrior group back in 98 and paid £130 a month for a couple of years before running into trouble the credit company actually purchased the debt in 2001 from Warrior group at £12853. 65 ... They then added court costs taking my debt up to £13576.57 which I have been paying since 2001 until last August. The debt is now still over £7k. That's shocking don't you think?
    Anyway, the bailiffs have been paid £100 to pay my last address a visit and do a report and my Mom knows this and will show them her council tax bill (I'm not on it) in the hope that they go away.

The other thing is that the CCJ was issued in England and I now live in Scotland meaning the company have to approach the Sheriffs office about the debt. Another thing I learned today.

Does anyone know what I can do about this shocking situation please, and Niddy if youre here, thanks in advance

Thank you all, Sally

Re: Is Niddy here?

Hi, welcome to AAD. You will receive advice; I can see Elsa is lurking and she will ensure that Niddy finds your post!

don't speak to anyone by phone, it needs to be written so that you have a paper trail and you have evidence of what is happening.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi - course Niddy is here

Wowsers, well the fact you've moved to Scotland doesn't change the debt per se however the fact you've moved to Scotland does affect the creditor firm being able to act, it's a bit harder up north to enforce against an English debt, that said I think at the moment it might be best to get Andrew here to take a peek and see what he says - if you can sit tight for now I will ask him to pop in.

Why are you paying the bailiffs? All your mum does is call and say you're not there, if they then try and do anything she will have em by the balls..... Do not pay them any £100 for anything, why would anyone sane do this?

Regards the debt, are you a homeowner? If not then why are you continuing paying this, especially as it's already been paid off twice - people here have vanished from a ccj - it's not that hard

Maybe some additional info surrounding your circumstances might help.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SallyS View Post
        Hi Everyone,

I am new and am looking for Niddy after being advised to on the Bailiff advice forum (which was fantastically helpful and friendly BTW)
        Yep great site and we work closely with them
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy!

You are very popular it seems. I am surprised by this hugely helpful online world that I have stumbled upon.

Sorry I didn't explain very well about the bailiffs, the clerk in their office tells me that they are being paid £100 by the credit collection company so they had to go to the address even if it's just to check that I am not there.

With regards to the debt I am feeling much the same really. I am horrified by the principal of paying the same debt three times over because of charges. We rent privately and are pretty poor though I am self employed and write in the name that the debt is in ... I don't know if that makes any difference. They would really only have to google me to find me within seconds. Do you think that would make any difference to vanishing?

Thanks again,

Sally

Comment

Hi Sally, told you he'd know what to do xx

Comment

Welcome Sally, I know what you mean about stumbling across this online world, everyone here is really friendly, helpful and non-judgemental - good luck!
              Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Do you still have a copy of the original loan agreement or the judgment that was obtained against you?
                Have they provided a summary of how the sum claimed has been calculated?

Comment

Thing is there would need to be a term (in loan agreement) surely, for post judgment interest (no?)...

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Thing is there would need to be a term (in loan agreement) surely, for post judgment interest (no?)...
                    Yep that what I want to explore. I wonder how the payments were set at a level that is going backwards.

Comment

I'm afraid not ATW.

I literally, since the CCJ in 2001 left the money coming out of the bank (first £75 then a year or so later £40 pm) It is only now, when the money is not there to be taken that they have instructed Bailiffs and I have questioned the amount and what's gone on with it. Close credit management have received £5713.92 since the CCJ was ordered.

So all I have is the amount that close credit management bought the debt for, the cost of court action which they added on and the amount I owe now. I found all of that out on the phone today. No summary either. I am not sure if this is something that they have to give me. I am not even sure now how I can contact the original loan company as it was way back in 98 when the 5k loan was taken out My disorganisation is the death of me.
                      Thank you,
                      Sally

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
                        Yep that what I want to explore. I wonder how the payments were set at a level that is going backwards.
                        I applied to the court at one point to get the payments lowered to £40 pm in order to afford them and now we can't even afford that ....

Comment

Hi Sally and welcome to AAD
                          Glad to see Niddy found the thread (he always does )

(I was lurking and about to reply when the phone rang... )

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Today I have called the Credit management company again and requested a copy of the original loan agreement. They have told me it will take 2 weeks to arrive and also that the credit company do not own the debt, that they are simply working on behalf of the creditor and have been for all of these years.

The creditor was warrior finance and is now close brothers ltd. Does anyone know if that info makes a difference?
                            I have also spoken to the bailiff who has said they, because I am in Scotland they will not bother going to my Mom's house
                            Which is nice.

Thank you again for all of your support,
                            Sally

Comment

You must stop calling them now, it can take as many weeks as it takes, so chill and await a response and let us know.

I'm glad they seen sense, otherwise they'd have found themselves in a bit of bother, they cannot just go visiting relatives and charge you for the privilege!!

Comment

Working...
                              X