GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial

I have received a letter today from Cabot regarding my debt with Littlewoods. Same story...I got in to debt and requested Littlewoods if they would accept smaller payments..they said no...then I defaulted and they passed the account on and on and so on.

I sent a request to see my agreement and it was sent....and contained my signature....so I have been down this route. Point is I am not and was not disputing the debt apart from about £50'ish worth of charges added....

My question is what should I do next? I already have a default on my file....dating back to April 2009...

This is what is recorded on my credit file:

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd

Account Type Credit Card

Account Opened 21 February 2006

Last Updated 31 July 2012

5 May 2009

Current Balance £375 Closed 25 January 2009

Not exactly sure what to do now...I know it is not a huge amount but my numerous offers to pay smaller payments were refused so I stopped paying....any help with this please and what response I should give?

I could request a copy of my agreement again as it was a long time ago I did this....and cannot seem to find it now.
    Attached Files

Re: Cabot Financial

Hi Transformer,
    I'd send off another CCA request when they start getting pushy...

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks UE.....good idea as I am way too busy on other matters at the moment.

I have been going through some of the last correspondence I had with Littlewoods...and reading what I wrote and responses...so did not ignore any of their letters:

Date: 2nd February 2010,

Dear Sirs,

I applied for an account with Littlewoods on the 9th February 2006. I was advised by Littlewoods on the 18th March 2009 that the debt was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.

I was then advised by Lowell Financial Ltd on the 2nd June 2009 that Littlewoods (Shop Direct) sold the debt to them on the 29th May 2009. I believe I am now being pursued by both Cabot Financial Ltd and Lowell Financial Ltd for payment of the same alleged debt, which is contrary to the OFT and FOS Guidelines.

I now require that all three of you advise me of the correct status of any alleged debt which may be outstanding in respect of any debt taken out or any CCA agreed by me on 9th February 2006. Until I have received confirmation from all three and have an identical position stated by all three of you, I shall enter into no further communication nor make any further payments but shall retain any payments which may be due pending a resolution as outlined above.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully

Above is one of the letters I wrote as I was getting contacted by three different DCA's at once I remember...been quite a while and will have to trace back where things were left.

Thanks.

Comment

Today I received a letter from a company called FIRE..........their client is Cabot...and Cabot's client is Littlewoods.....nice and simple to remember hey?

I am thinking I should send a prove the debt letter or a cca request? maybe a prove it letter will be better I think and see how it goes from there.....any suggestions please from anyone?

I know this is not a large amount but nevertheless...the amount of times I asked to pay reduced payments and was refused on numerous occassions....bloody hell I nearly would have cleared this by now.

But seeing as they have marked my credit file with a D in 2009....don't see what the hurry is now.....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by transformer999; 18 December 2012, 13:56.

Comment

FIRE (Facetious Irrelevant Rubbish Emitted) is just another branch of Crapbot, so this alleged debt has just been passed from one desk to another, probably within the same building.

Does this letter, or any previous letter from Crapbot, contain account numbers which relate to the alleged debt? If they do, sending a prove it letter is not really going to be appropriate. What is the situation with the agreement you had before? Do you still have it? Has it been evaluated for enforceability by someone who knows what they are doing?

If you don't have the copy of the agreement which was sent to you before, I would just send another request. With a catalogue from 2006, there is an excellent chance that it will be unenforceable.

SH

Comment

Good grief another quality DCA letter that isn't it?

NOTICE OF INSTRUCTION TO COLLECT (Could they make that much bigger)

Failure to pay your debt will result in further recovery action being taken (they mean further letters like this?)
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SH & SV....

I did do a CCA request a few years back and as far as I know it is enforceable.....but will try and dig it up again and post it up. If I can't find it I will send off another one....just to see if they do send one and if it matches the one I am just going to have a look for...

thanks guys...

Comment

Its funny that until you come to a place like this and find knowledge then you can read that letter for what it is.

For unknowing Joe Public thats a scarey gram and if as TF999 says is a small one then its a look behind the sofa to get this sorted straight away. Dont want FIRE rained down.

But now you know its sorta comical. Not to the OP I know. But to an outsider its not very good is it.

Comment

Attachment removed due to possible reference numbers. May not have been account specific, but better safe than sorry.

Site Team.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks ken...yes I agree....oh bloody hell I can't find that stupid copy of the cca they sent me....so looks like I will have to blast off another request....unless I do find it later...and if so will post it up.

I have the DN Litttlewoods sent and its looks enforceable....

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                      Attachment removed due to possible reference numbers. May not have been account specific, but better safe than sorry.

Site Team.
                      Thanks rizzle....but I am sure I removed all the ref numbers no?

I have attached it again....please let me know what they problem is with it if you see it again.
                      Last edited by transformer999; 18 December 2012, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
                        Thanks rizzle....but I am sure I removed all the ref numbers no?
                        Some down the right hand side? As said, may just be a letter template code or some such, but companies like Cabot are sneaky at getting a reference in where it might be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                          Some down the right hand side? As said, may just be a letter template code or some such, but companies like Cabot are sneaky at getting a reference in where it might be missed.

Now that you mentioned that...I was going to delete but thought leave it....thanks for picking that up. I will re edit and post back up.

Comment

Interesting point Rizzle.

Something I have always been somewhat suspicious of on the internet is the date the letter was sent.

I know in our company we log everything out. Maybe 100 letters a day. Maybe 5 on that template 95 on other stuff if you get my drift.

I reckon we could pinpoint someone by date alone. Thats not to say these guys send only 100 letters or that they are as organised as that.

Just for me it means they have somewhere to start if they so wished.

In this instance very generic and is maybe second week in December letter on the threat o gram machine.

Comment

Personally, I don't see any benefit in posting up scans of the vast majority of letters. Somtimes there are specific things that are hard to put across by description or rough transcription of the text, but mostly those are rare. Scanning and posting up letters received, unless it's vital to do so, seems hazardous at best.

Comment

Working...
                              X