GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script When is an account closed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is an account closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is an account closed

Confused by Halifax who dont appear to have a clue what they are doing

Credit Card out of control various repayment plans threats of beating us up and various usual nastiness.

However no default as the greedy barstewards were intent on keeping the interest coming in.

We have paid this account up to date but by a very mischevious mistake we overpaid by less than 5p.

We now have had a couple of statements showing this account running but in credit. (Enjoying seeing that after all the hell they put us through)

Anyway while checking the CRA's on another account we have seen this account has been reported as settled and moved to the closed section.

Question is besides the statements we have had no correspondence from them indicating they no longer love us .

So dear forum what do you reckon? Are they muppets or is there some alterior deceptive motive behind this cunning plan?

Not that we really care about Halifax just be nice if I could write a nasty letter threatening hell and damnation for the large amount of money that they owe me.

Re: When is an account closed

This is really happening but please take it light heartedly cause it just confirms what we all know.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Confused by Halifax who dont appear to have a clue what they are doing

Credit Card out of control various repayment plans threats of beating us up and various usual nastiness.

However no default as the greedy barstewards were intent on keeping the interest coming in.

We have paid this account up to date but by a very mischevious mistake we overpaid by less than 5p.

We now have had a couple of statements showing this account running but in credit. (Enjoying seeing that after all the hell they put us through)

Anyway while checking the CRA's on another account we have seen this account has been reported as settled and moved to the closed section.

Question is besides the statements we have had no correspondence from them indicating they no longer love us .

So dear forum what do you reckon? Are they muppets or is there some alterior deceptive motive behind this cunning plan?

Not that we really care about Halifax just be nice if I could write a nasty letter threatening hell and damnation for the large amount of money that they owe me.
      Hi,
      I have an acc with a certain bank have had no contact since I was taken to court for a loan ccj awarded and paying, now I did a sar to the bank a year ago and in the sar is an overdraft facility accruing over £60 per month balance then was £3000+ so I am keeping stum as the ccj was 4 years ago so 2 to go for SB. (very worrying). I thought the acc was closed when on a dmp.

Comment

Mad aint it.

And these are the custodians of our money.

Think stum is the best policy.

Comment

Ermmm a ccj won't just go SB in the traditional sense. It'll lapse thus forcing the claimant to take it to the judge prior to being able to enforce (after the 6yr period).... The judge usually says no but they could say ok and leave the claim live enough for them to enforce....

Just stay well hidden
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X