GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script eBay / Paypal Funds Owed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay / Paypal Funds Owed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay / Paypal Funds Owed

Hi. I'm not sure if much can be done here but last year I sold some computer eqipment that the buyer claimed he never got, I had a Recorded Receipt from the post office but when I sent it to Paypal they said Post Office Receipts were not proof that I sent the item and only an Invoice from a Parcel Company such as Parcelforce, DHl etc .. would suffice.

Because I kicked up a fuss they limited my accounts and then closed them, I still get an invoice every month from eBay saying they owe me £18 but when I ask them for it their reply is "Sorry we can only pay funds into the associated paypal account" however they closed that account so it's impossible for me to recieve funds in it.

I have informed them that How am I suppose to recieve funds into a closed account?, there reply was "Supply us with a Parcel Company Invoice and the account will be restored" but of course I can't as I sent it via the Post Office.

Is there anything I can do to force them to pay me? as it is my funds, can I also charge them interest since they are holding my funds? + Delete.
    Last edited by IF; 18 February 2013, 13:12.

Re: eBay / Paypal Funds Owed

I am not sure on this, Paypal do seem to be a law unto themselves and they are just another arm of Ebay to rip you off, maybe you could buy something for 18 quid in total from Ebay and use available funds to pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      I am not sure on this, Paypal do seem to be a law unto themselves and they are just another arm of Ebay to rip you off, maybe you could buy something for 18 quid in total from Ebay and use available funds to pay for them.
      I have no access to that money at all to do that I'm afraid since the eBay account and Paypal account have both been closed by them. The funds are in Limbo as they claim the only possible way for me to have the money is if I magic up an invoice and get my Paypal account restored and then cash out the funds.
      Last edited by IF; 18 February 2013, 13:12.

Comment

The problem now is that you have already told them that the Post Office delivered the goods, they know that you do not have an invoice for the cost of sending, to produce one now would be treated as fraudulent by Ebay/Paypal and once more they would hold your money.
        I don't know what you can do about this, maybe for 18 quid just walk away and forget it, I know it can be a lot of money but how much grief is this causing you?

Comment

why are post office proof of postage not acceptable to paypal/ebay, bearing in mind you can use royal mail stright from the site??????

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            why are post office proof of postage not acceptable to paypal/ebay, bearing in mind you can use royal mail stright from the site??????
            Maybe a Paypal paid for Royal Mail service would be acceptable but a normal Post Office receipt could easily be reproduced. They are only printed on a till roll unless you get a certificate of posting, then its like a postcard.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
              Maybe a Paypal paid for Royal Mail service would be acceptable but a normal Post Office receipt could easily be reproduced. They are only printed on a till roll unless you get a certificate of posting, then its like a postcard.
              I think I would disagree on that , how many people have a printer that can produce stuff on till roll??? ( and go to the effort for £18!!!)

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. It's yet another story of someone loosing out to the World's worst bank!

Do you plan on re-opening the account and trading, or never going near them again?
                If the latter, i'd be tempted to put it down to experience and telling them to swivel.
                The sooner someone like Google, or Microsoft does an auction the better. The ebay/Paypal dictatorship are far too big for their boots and need bringing down a step or too. No-one can knock the audience you get when you are selling stuff, but when things do go wrong there is very little protection in my opinion.

I sold an item for a few hundred quid. Reputable buyer (or on the face of it) although wanted shipping to a different address which he was happy to wait for Paypal verification.
                I contacted Paypal for advice who said to wait 4 weeks before sending item to be "On the safe side" should it be a hacked account/stolen credit card being used.
                What is the point of their system which is based on instant, trusted transactions if someone who may have been genuine had to wait 4 weeks for?

Relative purchased a Nikon camera (wish i knew beforehand!) from a "reputable" seller. Box turned up with a stone in it! Crafty b@stard had put something similar in weight to the camera so on the Special delivery receipt the exact weight matched.
                Paypal didnt want to know.

I purchased an item for £47, didnt turn up. Contacted seller, no response. Contacted Paypal and after some time received an email "your case has been resolved". Bottom line: They agreed that i had purchased for recoreded delivery and the seller failed to produce the receipt and reluctant to co-operate with them. Because their account didnt have any funds in, they closed the case.

If you can avoid them, do!
                Last edited by SA Gold; 3 October 2012, 12:24.
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

nothing you can do im afraid, paypal and ebay work on the side of the buyer, they have more protection that the seller.

If i was to list the amount of clients we had who gave up selling on ebay because of your exact problem, id run out of charactors.

Paypal wont do anything unless you send your items recorded signed for, and even then they dont always take your side with a dispute.

Feel luckly its 18 quid and not 180 or 1800, learn from it, and walk away.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah it is only £18 and atm I'm using my dads account if I need to use paypal for anything, in the past I've had £250 taken from Paypal as I sold £500 worth of goods on eBay and £250 of it the guy used a stolen account to pay for the goods, so at first I thought "well ok I lose £250 and thats it" but no ... They took the full £500 and asked me to prove the rest of the goods were sent out, I once again sent them Post Office Postage Receipts with the buyers postcodes on them and Paypal threw them back in my face saying they were no good, I told them to contact the buyers who had already left me positive feedback to confirm they had got the goods but they said "It's beyond their reach to contact buyers"

strange as I can do it straight from my dashboard I said, they never replied after that.
                    Last edited by IF; 18 February 2013, 13:09.

Comment

If you don't like dealing VIA mail with them:

this is Paypal UK Direct land line number:
                      0844 496 0413

Alternative calling via a Mobile phone costs more for the above number - this number is a land line number and should use your free min tariff from your mobile:
                      020 8605 3000

reading on there website apart from having the world copyright mentioned more times that Shakespeare play put together. To filer the pages

use 'CTRL and letter F' a box will pop up and type the word 'POSTAL' and it'll find anything with the phrase Postal to narrow your search.

Not to sure if this will help, but i came across this on there page:

11.7 What are the postage requirements?
                      Postage requirements Protection for Unauthorised Payment Protection for Item Not Received Proof of Postage
                      X
                      Proof of Delivery
                      X
                      X
                      11.8 What is “Proof of Postage”?
                      Online or physical documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:
                      1. A status of “shipped” (or equivalent) and the date of postage
                      2. The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).
                      3. Official acceptance from the shipping company (for example, a postmark, a receipt, or online tracking information). Or, if you have Proof of Delivery then you do not need Proof of Postage.

11.9 What is “Proof of Delivery”?
                      Online documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:
                      1. A status of “delivered” (or equivalent) and the date of delivery.
                      2. The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).
                      3. Signature Confirmation for transactions that total 150 GBP or more (see Foreign Currency Amounts below for amounts in a currency other than Pounds Sterling).
                      Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X