GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script credit card agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

credit card agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit card agreement

Hi, Just a little background, wescot credit services are chasing a debt on behalf of Halifax. I sent them a notice in July asking them to provide a copy of the original contract, a statement of account plus asked them to provide more information and proof of what they are stating. Not long after they sent a letter which states that the matter is under investigation.

Then nothing till now when they have sent me copies of credit card statements and separately personal info which on the back has a copy of a credit card agreement with what looks like my signature and is dated, however it has not been signed or dated on behalf of them, just a stamp saying the date received with a squiggle under it, (maybe a signature).

Although I have not received everything I've asked for, can this credit card agreement be used against me as its not been signed?

Thanks

Re: credit card agreement

I am not an expert but I reckon I know some people who are - hang on there!

Comment

can you give us details of the debt please?

if you set it out like this we could get a better idea.

• Date commenced

• Approx balance

• Date last paid

• Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paying

• Status

• Account owner

Comment

Hi thanks for the replies, here's the answers to the questions MrsD asked. Not sure what you mean by status?

· Date commenced - Oct 2007

· Approx balance - £3,500

· Date last paid - Oct 2011

· Are you on arrangement or not paying - I'm not paying

· Status - ?

· Account owner - Halifax

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks again

Comment

Status is refering to whether you are in arrears, been defaulted...

Comment

Hi Housters
            Instead of speculating, could you email an unedited scan of the agreement/any terms and conditions they sent to Niddy for checking.
            Details of how to do that here: User Guide - Sending your Agreement to Niddy - allaboutFORUMS

Have a read up about unenforceability here: UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

It's unfortunate that it's post April 2007, which is when the law changed regarding unenforceable agreements, but best to get it checked as there's more than one way to skin a cat!

Let us know on here when you've emailed it...don't forget to put your user name in the subject header, and a link to the thread in the body..

Elsa x
            Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 21 September 2012, 10:24.

Comment

Thanks for the help, much appreciated - I've emailed Niddy.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X