GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Considering F&F, Advice Sought on Possible CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering F&F, Advice Sought on Possible CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering F&F, Advice Sought on Possible CCA

Hi everyone - my first post here, please be gentle!

My g/f wants to help me clear my debt and is willing to lend me some money so I was considering making F&F offers to settle all my debts, but am now reconsidering. I would love to be debt free and not have to spend every day opening yet another letter from a DCA as I have done for pretty much the last 2-3 years, but I am also keen to consider CCA. A few questions:

1) Bearing in mind the dates I started these accounts, do you advise going down the CCA route?
    2) Is the statute barred date 6 years from the last payment I made or the last full payment?
    3) If I go for F&F do you recommend starting at 10%?

Organisation -Date Opened - Amount Owed - Date Defaulted

Natwest Current Account - Sep 2000 - £1.5k - Oct 2011
    Natwest Current Account - Sep 2004 - £1k - Oct 2011

Natwest CC - Jul 2005- £2.5k - Mar 2011
    MBNA CC - Apr 2007 - £7k - Sep 2011 - *Settled Jan 2012 now with Arrow
    Barclaycard CC - May 2007 - £1.5k - Sep 2012
    M&S CC - May 2007 - £2k - Sep 2011
    RBS CC - June 2007 - £1.5k - Feb 2011
    Halifax CC - Aug 2006 - £9k - Mar 2011

And a student loan of £6k

Thanks,

sp1ked
    Last edited by sp1ked; 21 February 2014, 14:38.

Re: Considering F&F, Advice Sought on Possible CCA

Originally posted by sp1ked View Post

1) Bearing in mind the dates I started these accounts, do you advise going down the CCA route?
    2) Is the statute barred date 6 years from the last payment I made or the last full payment?
    3) If I go for F&F do you recommend starting at 10%?
    1) I dont think you have anything to lose.....Deffo those that are pre April 2007
    2) 6 years from last payment
    3) They need to sold on first for them to consider F& F offers

Thank you! Some great advice on here... currently searching for a CCA template...
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

dont think you can offer a F&F on stundent loans.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks both

I sent off CCAs to all of them this afternoon and will update on progress. Do you recommend I start a diary in the other forum?

Comment

Thanks both

I sent off CCAs to all of them this afternoon and will update on progress. Do you recommend I start a diary in the other forum?

Comment

Working...
          X