GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help needed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi I have been on here before and may very well be repeating myself but really need some advice. I am currently in an iva and this is due to end in august 2015 so not long left on it.
    The problem is during my time in the iva I have had more credit with catalogues which I know is stupid and I beat myself up about it every day but when my kids dad left I found it hard to get by and I started to use catalogues and more debt has built up about £2000. I have stopped using these now and am trying so hard to get these paid off and I have been keeping up with my payments to the iva.
    . What I want to know and what is scaring me is with such a short time left on my iva and me trying so hard to pay off my other debt what can happen if my creditors find out that I have taken out more credit? it scares me all the time i beat myself up about what I have done and just don't want to get into trouble. I am scared that they will start asking for full amount or start hassling me or that the company that is dealing with my iva will start to have a go at me about it. My anxiety has gotten a lot worse I take tablets everyday for depression and am worried that 3 of my kids get disability allowance and they will want that and I panic about them checking my credit report i don't know what to do or what can happen. If anyone can help I would be grateful for the advice I just feel like so far I have managed to get through it this far but my luck is about to end so close to the finish line as that's how my life usually turns out.Dawn

Re: Help needed

Hi

Did you ask permission to take the credit that you have ?

It appears that you should have discussed this with your IP, if you did, it's no problem.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. No i didn't ask permission I know what i have done is so so stupid

Comment

OK don't beat yourself up

I'm not a huge fan of IVAs (trust deed in Scotland) as they are very limiting and quite draconic

what have you said at you yearly catch ups with the IP, has she asked and have you siad anything?

Comment

Nothing really has been said I sent an email admitting what I had done but got no response , then a lady rang me a few months ago and we spoke on the phone but nothing was said and we arranged payments over the phone and went through expenditure but now they want another expenditure but i haven't really said anything to them apart from email and they have not said anything to me just really scared now as so close to the end and am scared of what my creditors may do. I know i've been stupid but have been paying into iva for over 5 years as it had to be extended so been nearly 6 years now and am trying so hard to get to the end just don't know what to do. I was even paying my ex partners half of it after he left as they wouldn't separate it but it has been now and is now with a new company well for over a year now.

Comment

ok you've told them, and they didn't do anything.

How long exactly do you have to go with this work of the devil?

Are you uptodate with the new debt?
            why was your IVA extended to six years?
            Last edited by MrsD; 20 December 2014, 19:16.

Comment

My iva is set to complete in august next year.
              I am up to date with monthly payments on catalogues but have not paid them all off I owe about 2000 but I have stopped using them have had the accounts for about 3 1/2 years.
              My iva was extended because my ex partner left and either I paid both or it failed but then they separated it and payments got behind due to lot of confusion and me trying to pay to halves but now am just paying mine at 251 a month. I am using my childs dla at the moment to pay catalogues.

Comment

OK

I'm inclined to say, stop worrying
                you did tell them and they've done nothing

I don't like the way IVas are conducted, I think they are very hard on the debtor, a better route has to be bankruptcy or UE. IPs just make money out of this and get paid for leaning hard on you.

So if you told them about the new debt and they have done nothing, I would just hold on,

the worst they can do is make you bankrupt which is not good but disgraceful at this late date

you need to be a bit more assertive, believe in yourself, you've done your level best to sort this out, I would say nothing further and just put in the same I & e as last year and wait and see what happens

Comment

thank you for your reply's I am worried that they want my bank statements but was just going to send in the income/ex form and proof of my income which are benefits as i am a carer for my eldest child and hope they dont ask for statements also don't know what the chances are of creditors making me bankrupt at this stage and scared as what iva company will do

Comment

they are an IVa Company who are being paid to do this.

so they will do nothing unlawful, if they do, come on here and let us know

you are so far down the line you have to go through to the end.

so try to relax and try to enjoy Christmas

Comment

my last income and expenditure was done on august this year for a variation due to my carers allowance so not sure why i have a letter asking for another one to be completed and sent back in 2 weeks. I will carry on until the end just worried that the creditors will find out about my other credit and fail my iva.
                      The letter says that I need to extend my standing order by 6 months at payment of 251 a month which is what I am paying now but they now have sent the letter asking for another income and ex.
                      It has been extended by 6 months to clear the arrears so my iva should of finished but just need to clear these. It says that supervisor be authorised to extend the terms of the arrangement by 6 months which will be 23/ 08/ 15 at 251 in order to clear the arrears.
                      Can they extend my iva for even longer?
                      Last edited by dawnlougib; 20 December 2014, 20:32.

Comment

personally, to get this done I would write back and tell them I've extended the so as requested and see what happens.

Comment

I don't know much about IVAs as I turned them down over 10 years ago. As MrsD has said if nothing has changed just send the same I&E as last time. Nothing will happen over the Christmas period so try and forget about everything and enjoy your family. When you do get a response don't reply until you have checked here. Don't speak to anyone on the phone.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Than k you for your answers just feel like that I am the only person ever that has gone into an iva and got into more debt. I feel guilty about it all the time and just want to finish my iva and clear my catalogues and show myself that I can do it but just feel as though if my creditors decide to make a point of making me bankrupt so close to the end because of what i have done then i have failed

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear the state you're in. How many people (including children) are in your family at the mo? If you PM me I'll might try to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X