GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script speeding fine - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speeding fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speeding fine

hi there

Mr C got caught speeding a few months ago (tut tut) and paid his fine on time. However, since then, they have said that they didn't received payment, he rang them to sort this out. Today he has found out that this has now been passed to a DCA despite previous correspondence!

Does this kind of thing get recorded on his credit file? If so, who would he contact to get this removed?

thanks

Re: speeding fine

Nope, nothing can go on credit file as you never agreed to sharing personal data. You need to photocopy the bank statement that accompanies the card you paid with, highlight that entry and send it back to whoever issued the fine (council/polis etc)

We had same last yeR when DD was in hospital. It soon got sorted.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Nope, nothing can go on credit file as you never agreed to sharing personal data. You need to photocopy the bank statement that accompanies the card you paid with, highlight that entry and send it back to whoever issued the fine (council/polis etc)

We had same last yeR when DD was in hospital. It soon got sorted.....
      that's a relief...i'll get on the case...thanks Niddy

Comment

Just a strongly worded letter and a copy of payment will suffice....

Ignore the dca, they ain't your problem - go to the source of the fine!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

right ok...thanks

they're a pest aren't they, even when you pay!!!

Comment

Is this sorted yet?

Comment

Is this sorted yet?
              sorry i missed this! well Mr C sent a copy of his statement off and hasn't heard anything since..he did cross his account number out, you never know what people will do. i'm hoping that's the end of it! thanks for asking

Comment

Nope, nothing can go on credit file as you never agreed to sharing personal data.
                true, but thing is, I don't recall giving British Gas permission to register data on my credit files, or the insurance company but they still do it. also searches of the credit files seem to be underatken by parties that don't ask eg BG, AVIVA etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                  true, but thing is, I don't recall giving British Gas permission to register data on my credit files, or the insurance company but they still do it. also searches of the credit files seem to be underatken by parties that don't ask eg BG, AVIVA etc.
                  BG state in their terms that they search a CRA - its there mate, in black and white.....

We will search at credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies for information about you and all the people you are applying with - if you are providing information about others on a joint application, you must make sure they agree that we can use their information to do this. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will pass your details to credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies (for example, the Police and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) may use this information.
                  We will use the information provided to us by credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies to:
                  • help make decisions about credit or credit-related services for you and anyone applying with you.
                  • check your identity.
                  • prevent and detect fraud and money laundering.
                  • manage your account.

When credit-reference agencies receive a search from us they will record this on your credit file whether your application is successful or not. We and other organisations may also use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
                  • checking details on applications for credit and credit-related services.
                  • managing credit and credit-related accounts and services.
                  • recovering debt.
                  • checking details on applications and claims for insurance.
                  • checking details of employees and people applying for jobs.

Organisations from other countries may use the information recorded by fraud-prevention agencies.
                  If you want to see what information credit-reference agencies hold about you, you can contact the following three credit-reference agencies currently operating in the UK. The information they hold may not be the same, so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small fee.
                  As for insurance, if you want to pay over a year (i.e. monthly) then yes, again look online at their terms and you'll see they perform an unrecorded enquiry - not a search

From Aviva site:

Credit Searches and Accounting

In assessing your application/renewal, to prevent fraud, check your identity and to maintain its policy records, the insurer may search files made available to it by credit reference agencies who may keep a record of that search. The insurer may also pass to credit reference agencies information it holds about you and your payment record.

The information will be used by other credit lenders for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and for tracing debtors.

The insurer may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used by the insurer, acceptance or rejection of your application will depend only on the results of the credit scoring process.

Comment

where are the BG terms set out Niddy? Don't reckon they were posted but may have been, in the small print.

Insurers set them out on-line?

Thing about AVIVA is that thety are not soft searches but a full blown credit account filed with call Credit and all the pebble markers for "1" late payment etc, the works. I'm fairly sure I didn't ask for a line of credit from them but do pay monthly as opposed to a lump sum each year (this is for car insurance). So, at some point in the past 5 or so years they've started translating monthly paymnets into a line of credit arrangement, which never used to be the case ie they didn't file a credit account with the CRAs

Same with BG. used to be able to pay for gas in monthly instalments without the bleedin' CRAs becoming involved.

Comment

yeah. it worries me a lot that more and more companies are using the CRAs though. I'm not alone in that. needs legislation imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X