GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Want to clean up my credit file - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to clean up my credit file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to clean up my credit file

I have downloaded my credit file from checkmyfile.com.
    I would like to know if and how I can get certain default markers and other spurious markers off my credit file.

They are;
    ..................................CallCredit...... .......Equifax
    JDWilliams...................DMP.................. ...Arrangement
    Ambrose Wilson...........Unknown..............Unknown
    Vodafone.....................Default.............. ...Default
    Orange........................Satisfied/Default...Default
    HSBC Current Account..Default.................Default
    HSBC Loan...................Default.................Def ault

JDW & AW are deemed
    Vodafone have accepted £10 a month but say the default marker is because of late payment. They are also marking it with a Default each month for non payment when they ARE getting the amount above.

Orange has been settled but they have marked it as Default/Settled with one CRA and Default with another.

HSBC (Current Acc) ?

HSBC (Loan) Lost my job just before 1st payment and agreed on £32 a month and they are marking it as Default each month.

I want to get each one to amend my CRF accordingly, what exactly should I write to them?

And, where can I upload my credit file so Niddy can check it out?
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Want to clean up my credit file

Creditors are allowed to mark your file with Default if you miss payments (usually after 3 missed payments) and I'm pretty sure once the defaults are there it is extremely difficult for them to be removed.

It doesn't matter if a debt is UE or not, if you've missed payments then you'll have a default.

Having your CRF marked with AP affects your ability to get credit (especially if you have defaults as well). It isn't such a bad thing to have them all defaulted...at least defaults come off your file after 6 years.

Why are you so concerned about cleaning up your CRF?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There are inconsistencies in my credit file are different from CRA to CRA.

You mention the rule for Default, well, I didn’t miss a payment with HSBC, I lost my job before 1st payment was due and I informed them and it was passed to DG Solicitors and I've been making regular payments since 2008. They've been marking it as Default EVERY month since.

That was just one example...

Well, it I can upload my Credit File, will you be able to see it, where is the secure area I can upload it?
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

The inconsistencies don't matter mate - different CRA's report things differently - so long as the main status is correct that is all that matters, ie a default should have one default date.

You say that one lender marks the account with a D each month, that's fine - the Default used is the first marker which is the formal default date and 6 years from that date it'll be removed.

You really need to forget your credit file until at least 3+ years since last default/arrangement etc as otherwise it's a waste of time cos you'll struggle to get credit so save your fight for when it counts...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
          There are inconsistencies in my credit file are different from CRA to CRA.

You mention the rule for Default, well, I didn’t miss a payment with HSBC, I lost my job before 1st payment was due and I informed them and it was passed to DG Solicitors and I've been making regular payments since 2008. They've been marking it as Default EVERY month since.

That was just one example...

Well, it I can upload my Credit File, will you be able to see it, where is the secure area I can upload it?
          Email me a copy of it and let me see - don't upload it here, not wise at all.

If you did not pay the full agreed amount (ie 3% or whatever) then that is classed as defaulting because you are not maintaining the account as per the agreement. In such cases a lender can either mark it as an arrangement to pay (AP) or as a default if you miss or do not pay the contracted amount. Forget any verbal agreement made, you are in technically in default the moment you miss the agreed contractual payment.

HSBC are pretty bad at issuing them. I myself have 3 defaults all at various dates even though I walked away from the bank so all accounts should have defaulted on the same date - they didn't.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            The inconsistencies don't matter mate - different CRA's report things differently - so long as the main status is correct that is all that matters, ie a default should have one default date.

You say that one lender marks the account with a D each month, that's fine - the Default used is the first marker which is the formal default date and 6 years from that date it'll be removed.

You really need to forget your credit file until at least 3+ years since last default/arrangement etc as otherwise it's a waste of time cos you'll struggle to get credit so save your fight for when it counts...
            I tried to get a Homebase storecard 2 days ago and they said the people who say yay or nay will be writing to me. I take that as a rejection - due to my credit file.

Comment

Working...
            X