GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global mis-reporting! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global mis-reporting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global mis-reporting!

Dear all,

It's been a while since I last posted, but I've just triple-checked my CR for SB date event horizons ... I note that my £12k+ Marbles card has completely dropped off the record (*phew*) BUT I notice also that Arrow Global (DCA) have registered a default for an alleged MBNA account in 2010, when they took it over, not continuing the default from 2009. Surely this has to be illegal, as I have NO agreements whatsoever with Arrow Global, & by their own admission, which is confirmed by MBNA via s.78 request??

Any advice is welcome.

Re: Arrow Global mis-reporting!

What was confirmed by MBNA? Can you clarify what they said. The default date should be continuous - so if you've an old CRA report which shows the original Default was added on (example) March 2009 but there's a duplicate from a DCA (Arrow) added May 2010 - you'd raise a dispute on the CRA report stating that

"This is a duplicate entry from the original entry, recorded by MBNA dated: xx/xx/xxxx. Arrow Global is the alleged assignee of the account, however the original default date was xx/xx/xxxx and thus the replacement entry added by Arrow is incorrect. Please remedy the default date to the original date as recorded by the creditor, MBNA to xx/xx/xxxx"
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      What was confirmed by MBNA? Can you clarify what they said. The default date should be continuous - so if you've an old CRA report which shows the original Default was added on (example) March 2009 but there's a duplicate from a DCA (Arrow) added May 2010 - you'd raise a dispute on the CRA report stating that

"This is a duplicate entry from the original entry, recorded by MBNA dated: xx/xx/xxxx. Arrow Global is the alleged assignee of the account, however the original default date was xx/xx/xxxx and thus the replacement entry added by Arrow is incorrect. Please remedy the default date to the original date as recorded by the creditor, MBNA to xx/xx/xxxx"
      MBNA confirmed they have zero paperwork (CCA, application form, etc.) for the alleged account, as per my s.78 request.

I'll go back & check when the original default was recorded, & then put in a dispute.

Cheers Niddy!

Comment

Yea - they can't enforce anything but they can record an accurate default. Accurate being the key word here
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yea - they can't enforce anything but they can record an accurate default. Accurate being the key word here
          Absolutely; I've already checked & they're 9 months out with their reporting, so I've submitted my dispute.

This becomes SB at the end of March 2016, not the end of November 2016 ...

Comment

Keep us updated. The CRA may tell you to refer to the Data Provider. If so post back here.

Comment

Keep us updated. The CRA may tell you to refer to the Data Provider. If so post back here.
              The Data Provider would be MBNA or the DCA? Just so I know what I'm looking for should the CRA hit me with that ...

Comment

Both. Originally MBNA then assigned to Arrow

Comment

Both. Originally MBNA then assigned to Arrow
                  What happens if NEITHER have any definitive paperwork? I mean the account is closed with MBNA, as Arrow has effectively paid it off ... Arrow can't surely say "we say it's this date, & that's that!"

Comment

And BTW, I've never had the deed of assignment from Arrow; just a letter saying "we now have this as our account, so pay up ABF ya bloody shirker!"

Comment

Originally posted by ABF View Post
                      And BTW, I've never had the deed of assignment from Arrow; just a letter saying "we now have this as our account, so pay up ABF ya bloody shirker!"
                      That won't affect any claim if one were to be issued

I'd not worry too much about NoA as it could be partially assigned in which case a simple letter will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by ABF View Post
                        What happens if NEITHER have any definitive paperwork? I mean the account is closed with MBNA, as Arrow has effectively paid it off ... Arrow can't surely say "we say it's this date, & that's that!"
                        It won't be closed - closed. When they 'close' it usually it means they won't chase you but they may sell it knowing the dca can ask you to pay up but cannot enforce it. It's never paid off, it literally means they can't be arsed chasing it - it's a dead duck.

If you're not being hassled then it doesn't matter - but MBNA may have sold the 'closed' account to a DCA to chase, so the default is still correct. Just the date from when Arrow took over ownership needs editing to the original date as noted by MBNA on the original CRA entry.

If the CRA come back and say go to the data controller or data processor then just come here and let us know and I'll sort you a suitable letter to send back to get it sorted.

Comment

Lovely. Diolch Niddy ... this place makes my heart feel all warm & fuzzy.

Comment

It won't be closed - closed. When they 'close' it usually it means they won't chase you but they may sell it knowing the dca can ask you to pay up but cannot enforce it. It's never paid off, it literally means they can't be arsed chasing it - it's a dead duck.

If you're not being hassled then it doesn't matter - but MBNA may have sold the 'closed' account to a DCA to chase, so the default is still correct. Just the date from when Arrow took over ownership needs editing to the original date as noted by MBNA on the original CRA entry.

If the CRA come back and say go to the data controller or data processor then just come here and let us know and I'll sort you a suitable letter to send back to get it sorted.
                            OK, so further to this, & it's taken QUITE some time, the CRAs (all of them) tell me that Arrow Global aren't responding to their communications, so they can't adjust any defaults, BUT the entry has now slid off my credit record. Result?

Comment

Due to drop off in May anyway?

Could be just early. It does happen occasionally in some odd cases. I know, have had it happen to me.

Could be removed by them/Arrow.

Just keep an eye out it doesn't pop back up with yet another wrong date.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X