GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advantis Credit - EDF - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advantis Credit - EDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantis Credit - EDF

Hi,

I have a bill from EDF for 444.50 from my previous address that they cocked up and they wouldn't set up a direct debit as I have one for my other bill.
    I forgot to pay them last month so they instructed Advantis Credit to get the money back.
    Advantis straight away offer a settlement deal of 2 payments of 178.00 which gives a toal of 356.00 to settle.
    I obviously agreed as this saves me a few quid but they wont put it in writting and say they will send me a letter once the two payments have been paid!
    Now can't they just say at the the end we still owe 88.00???
    What do I do? Phone back later and record the call and set up the two payments?
    Will this go on my credit rating as it's gone to a DCA?

Re: Advantis Credit - EDF

If your happy with agreement/arrangement.........

Write to them with a follow up letter with reference telephone conversation saying xxxxxx (input person name, conversation call, time and date) that he/she agreed to accept 2 indivdual payments on such such dates. And that xxxxx was sending a letter, this has not been recieved as per request. This will delay any further payments as set out on our agreement.

as far it'll go on your credit rating - i cannot say (someone with more expertise, will be along shortly to answer). its the end of the week, and nothing much is going to-a-do till start of next week, hang in there.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
      but they wont put it in writting and say they will send me a letter once the two payments have been paid!
      Now can't they just say at the the end we still owe 88.00???
      What do I do? Phone back later and record the call and set up the two payments?
      Will this go on my credit rating as it's gone to a DCA?
      So you send the template with each payment! Send this for payment 1 and the second template for the final payment!

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding settlement of the above numbered account.

As previously agreed, please find attached a cheque to the agreed value of £178 in full and final settlement of the account, for the first payment. The second and final payment of £178 will be forthcoming next month.

Upon encashment of the second cheque, this agreement would be completed prior to formal account closure as part settled in full.

To clarify, you accept 2 payments of £178 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance. By cashing this cheque you also agree that there is only a £178 balance remaining on the account (based on our agreement) with the remaining balance to follow via cheque within the next 30 days as agreed.

If you're still happy with the agreed proposal as outlined above, please proceed to cash the attached cheque.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
      Then next month (within 30 days) send the final cheque with this and a copy of the original letter (above):

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding settlement of the above numbered account.

As previously agreed, please find attached the second and final payment towards this outstanding liability for £178 which as you're aware now clears any past liability I had toward this account. This means the account is now formally closed with a £0 balance.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
      They will not be adding anything on your CRA either - if so, let me know!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info...

Shall I send recorded?

Comment

Thanks for the info...

Shall I send recorded?
          It wasn't info, it was on-demand custom templates

Yep, send recorded and sign normally.... nothing to hide here have you?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok so they phoned back and I agreed to pay the two payments of 178.00 and that I'd send a cheque but they refused my cheque and said they will only take a payment for the full reduced amount of 356.00 by cheque but they can't take two cheques for the two instalments.
            They want a debit card payment!!

I said OK let me speak to the OFT and I'll get back to you and she couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

What now just send the letters as above or offer the same reduced settlement over 4 months now by cheque.

Comment

Nah send template as above.

Comment

Cheers Niddy will do.
                I may add the cheque number to the leter?

Can you point me to the "communicate with me by letter not phone" template please.

Comment

Cheers Niddy will do.
                  I may add the cheque number to the leter?

Can you point me to the "communicate with me by letter not phone" template please.
                  Here you go--------> Harassment by Telephone
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok so they are being idiots now!
                    Got this reply from them below so where do I stand now?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Niddy?

Comment

Niddy?
                        Sam, do send Niddy a PM to look at your thread.

IF...x
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Niddy?
                          You called

Comment

Niddy?
                            Aren't EDF a French company?

Then why presume their agents are trustworthy?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              You called
                              What do I do now?

Comment

Working...
                              X