GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Year, new problems! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year, new problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year, new problems!

Hi,

I haven't been on here for a while as all was quiet on the western front so to speak! However the last few weeks have hit back with a vengeance!

Got a notice a couple of weeks ago about a CCJ issued against me but was away at the time. Since coming home I haven't got round to dealing with it then today I received a letter from Scotcall Ltd with a 'notice of a personal visit'!

So, have CL Finance sold this or are they part of the same company? Who do I deal with and how?

(I have another question regarding Capital One but will have to find the appropriate place to post that!)

Thanks in advance!

Rioja

Re: New Year, new problems!

whoa Rioja
    what's the CCJ for
    and Scotcall and CSL and powertocontact are all the same mob of eejits
    notice of home visits from a DCA are inconsequential, either don't answer the door or answer the door and tell em to bugger off

Comment

Hi Rioja,
      You wouldn't be getting a doorstep visit just 2 weeks after a CCJ was issued, so it must be re another debt.
      As Evenlessdopey says, what was the CCJ for? Type of debt and year it was taken out & defaulted?
      You need to apply for a setaside ASAP using form N244 However all that will do is put you back to square one and the creditor may well issue another summons so you need to think it through. Have you a reasonable chance of defending if they reissue?
      If you do set it aside, the first thing I'd recommend is sending a CCA Request to the creditor...which should stop them reissuing until/unless they can comply.

Regarding the doorstep threat...Wait until whoever's hand is controlling the Scotcall muppets learns to write, then let us have more details of type of debt and we'll help from there.
      In the meantime if you're concerned about a home visit you could always send the threat of doorstep visit template: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...sment/menu.php
      but they rarely turn up...and have to leave when you tell them to. They have no power of entry. No powers at all.

Shep x
      Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 18 February 2012, 09:54.

Comment

Hi and sorry for the delay!

CCJ was granted on 16th December 2011. letter from Lowell is dated 11th January 2012. It's regarding an ASDA credit card and the amount is exactly the same on the Scotcall letter.I have no problems dealing with someone on my doorstep but don't want my kids put in the position where they are too scared to answer the door which prompted my original query. They already think it weird/strange that calls from certain numbers I refuse to answer.

Thanks again for any help/advice!

Rioja

Comment

Hi Rioja,
          Whatever, you need to get it set aside if appropriate and send the doorstep letter as above.
          What year was the card taken out..... before April 2007?
          Any unfair charges/Payment Protection Insurance on it?
          Have you ever sent a CCA request for this?

Has payment on the CCJ been demanded forthwith (full amount) or by instalments?

Sorry for all the questions but we need to establish the best way forward

kind regards,

Shep x

Comment

Working...
          X