GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA constantly chasing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA constantly chasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA constantly chasing

Hi to all

We used to have a water filter unit in our home. When I was taken ill we had it removed as we couldn't sensibly afford it. We contacted the supplier Eden who have us 3 months free which was a chance to finish the stock we had. They sent someone to remove the unit but he came too early. He apologised and said he would return; he didn't so we called them, cancelled the account and cancelled our DD. They then sent someone after I argued with them about the terms of the contract. They claimed I had to run it for another 12 months as it was a rolling 12 month contract. I told them my contract didn't show this and they should prove that to be the case. They gave up in the end and someone came to remove the unit. This was February 2011.

They kept sending us rental invoices and I kept phoning to say we had cancelled. They apologised but kept sendning them. I wrote and said they should stop and we then exchanged a few emails and calls. A totally ridiculous situation which is still running.

A local DCA is now writing to me threatening all sorts. They started by claiming I had not replied to their initial letter, a letter they didn't send! I wrote by recorded delivery that we had cancelled and they should return it to their client as this was their error and we would no pay for something we hadn't had. I heard nothing until today when they wrote saying they would recommend their client to commence legal action. I couldn't give a toss what they say to be honest because we didn't have any deliveries and we didn't sign for any which was normal procedure. When I checked their "invoice" it showed £12 per month for late payment....on invoices issued in error!

What's the best way to put these idiots in their place?

Cheers MJ
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Re: DCA constantly chasing

I'd suggest treating this as a formal letter of claim, and responding along the lines suggested by Paul in this post here -

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Slickfm UE Diary

If they don't close the file immediately, I would also make a formal complaint under CPUTR 2008 (obviously this is not a CCA issue but the same principles can be used) -

PriorityOne CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008) - allaboutFORUMS

This formal complaint could also be escalated to the Fobbing Off Service, costing them a £500 mediation fee at the very least.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      I'd suggest treating this as a formal letter of claim, and responding along the lines suggested by Paul in this post here -

This post has the letter in?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think it's this post that SH is referring too.........

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=289
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay thanks to one and all for the speedy replies.

The DCA concerned is TNC Collections, Cheltenham,anyone heard of them? I haven't! They haven't instructed solicitors yet and I don't think they will, it all seems a big bluff with "we may" and "you could be liable" etc. I am not ignoring this hence my request for help but perhaps I should wait and see what they send next.

I note that every letter they send is dated 18 days ago 3rd December and it refers to a letter they claim was sent on 26th November. I had no letter of that date so it seems they have the same template and date.

If they send a letter from their solicitor it will send a copy of the referenced template.

Do you perhaps suggest I send it to the DCA anyway?
          Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Eden Springs harassing me

Hi to all

This is a bit of a strange one. Before my ill health we had a water cooler at home but when money became tight we had to get rid of it. I rang them to cancel and they offered it to me for free for as long as it took me to exhaust my current water bottles. I then rang them again and said okay we're ready. I cancelled the DD and that was that. They never came to collect the cooler but they continued to deliver water. I called them and asked them to stop which they agreed to do.

It continued so I emailed them and was told it would be sorted. I cancelled in February 2011 and they knew all about it. They even said they saw the DD cancellation but thought it may be an error so continued.

The bill had now reached £330 with late charges of £12 added each month and a charge for the water we never had!

I had a letter from a small local DCA so I wrote to them and said I had cancelled, informed their client and would not be paying. They went away and I've heard no more in terms of threat since.

However they invoice me every month and it's driving me mental!

What should I send them?

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Re: Eden Springs harassing me

I thought you'd got shot of these rogues before Christmas last year

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=8587

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                I thought you'd got shot of these rogues before Christmas last year

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=8587
                Hi PlanB

It shows how addled my brain is, I actually forgot I had written that post!!

Well I wrote to the DCA as mentioned and they went away but Eden just keep on sending me the invoices. Should I write the complaint letter to Eden?

MJ

sigpic

Comment

I have now merged both threads so they are as one....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
                    Should I write the complaint letter to Eden?
                    Yea, I would - instead of writing to their monkeys, write to the organ grinder but ensure you tell them that if they persist in hassling you then you'll be left with no alternative but to consider seeking an injunction against them, with an order for costs as well.

See how they like that
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just for reference, the DCA has no clout here at all; they can only suggest that their "client" (a word that really puts my back up) takes legal action. The fact that they've now disappeared off the scene anyway says it all really.... unless they are the ones issuing these invoices every month. If so, it's quite farcical seeing as you never even had a contract with them in the first place.
                      Remember the mantra:
                      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                        Just for reference, the DCA has no clout here at all; they can only suggest that their "client" (a word that really puts my back up) takes legal action. The fact that they've now disappeared off the scene anyway says it all really.... unless they are the ones issuing these invoices every month. If so, it's quite farcical seeing as you never even had a contract with them in the first place.
                        This is just an annoying one to be honest. I know they cannot do anything and they (especially the DCA) know that I know. I just get sick of the regular invoice! Oh well, it helped me to light the fire but with the weather hopefully improving I will have to find another use. The paper is a bit hard for wiping my...

You never know!

Thanks

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
                          Hi PlanB

Well I wrote to the DCA as mentioned and they went away but Eden just keep on sending me the invoices. Should I write the complaint letter to Eden?
                          Glad to see you've got rid of the DCA so all that's left is to get Eden to back off. It's a HUGE company and I suspect this is a simple case of auto-invoicing from a computer which hasn't been told to stop. When DCAs return accounts they seldom tell the creditor why - they just pass them back. You told the DCA why you didn't owe any money (because you'd cancelled your contract) but I bet they didn't tell Eden.

So enlighten Eden by emailing any/all the addresses listed for the customer service and billing departments on their website. And/or make a formal complaint to one of those handsome men pictured in the rogues gallery of managers. I think Conrad's your man

http://www.edensprings.co.uk/meet-the-team,uk,7,6.html

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                            Glad to see you've got rid of the DCA so all that's left is to get Eden to back off. It's a HUGE company and I suspect this is a simple case of auto-invoicing from a computer which hasn't been told to stop. When DCAs return accounts they seldom tell the creditor why - they just pass them back. You told the DCA why you didn't owe any money (because you'd cancelled your contract) but I bet they didn't tell Eden.

So enlighten Eden by emailing any/all the addresses listed for the customer service and billing departments on their website. And/or make a formal complaint to one of those handsome men pictured in the rogues gallery of managers. I think Conrad's your man

http://www.edensprings.co.uk/meet-the-team,uk,7,6.html

blimey....looks like a crimewatch lineup!

you could try twitter as well.... Jean-Marc Bolinger (EdenukMD) on Twitter (he's the CEO of Eden)

but this twitter feed looks handy..

Eden Springs (eden_springs) on Twitter they seem to reply & sort issues pretty fast here
                            Last edited by philnicandamy; 13 April 2013, 08:18.

Comment

I read PlanB's mention of the team at Eden and did some research. I found the name of the overall CEO as they're a European company. I did some more research on their e-mail format and took a flyer at his likely address.

I sent him a message and about 2 minutes later he replied with his apologies and assured me he would investigate.

I'll keep you informed

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X