GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Natwest Debt.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Natwest Debt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Natwest Debt....

Hi,

I've an enforceable Natwest credit card debt, currently with Regal Credit with a cuurent balance of £3760. I've managed to stop them bugging me by paying £1 a month for about 13 months now. I've been offered some ££ to give an F&F on this account.

The default comes off 2 July 2014 - am I better off to offer a F&F after the default comes off? Starting at 10%?

Thanks!

Re: Old Natwest Debt....

I think just make the offer. It may well take a few weeks to sort out but the sooner the better really so that you can put it all behind you.

Comment

Thank you - I'll send off a template starting at 10% (£375).

Comment

Good luck with that, will be interesting to see what they say.

Comment

Update on this one - sent the F&F offer and it was signed for but ignored. The account has since come off my crf as the default is over 6 years old.

Stange is that on the dca website I have always been able to look up my account and see the balance and make a payment if I'd wanted to.

When I look it up now - its not recognised - could they have closed it now the default has gone?

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
            Update on this one - sent the F&F offer and it was signed for but ignored. The account has since come off my crf as the default is over 6 years old.

Stange is that on the dca website I have always been able to look up my account and see the balance and make a payment if I'd wanted to.

When I look it up now - its not recognised - could they have closed it now the default has gone?
            probably handed it back to NAtWest I'd think.. ..if Natwest are thinking over the f and f, they've maybe recalled the account back in house ? I'm in similar position with an old natwest a/c, now off my cra file, paying £1.00 but has been kept in house by natwest all these years. I made a f&f offer some years ago but they rejected it then. It must cost them more to post out a statement to me every month...I might try another offer , they are never going to get more than £1 p/m..maybe they are waiting until I pop my clogs. I'm sure natwest have written the debt off in their books..but they seem keen to keep it in house...while I'm paying my £1 p/m.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
              probably handed it back to NAtWest I'd think.. ..if Natwest are thinking over the f and f, they've maybe recalled the account back in house ? I'm in similar position with an old natwest a/c, now off my cra file, paying £1.00 but has been kept in house by natwest all these years. I made a f&f offer some years ago but they rejected it then. It must cost them more to post out a statement to me every month...I might try another offer , they are never going to get more than £1 p/m..maybe they are waiting until I pop my clogs. I'm sure natwest have written the debt off in their books..but they seem keen to keep it in house...while I'm paying my £1 p/m.

Strange as that exact same thing is with a family member's accounts and Natwest - a UE C/C from 1978 they insist on sending monthly statements for; an overdraft that is 940 that they've kept in house and occassionally ping to DCAs who ping it back seemingly, and a loan arounf 14k that is enforceable but they've kept it in house and ping it to DCAs - before the dca gets hold of the account it gets pinged to another one.

I'm not complaining (aside from waste of paper) - paying £1pcm on 14k isn't bad.

Comment

Strange as that exact same thing is with a family member's accounts and Natwest - a UE C/C from 1978 they insist on sending monthly statements for; an overdraft that is 940 that they've kept in house and occassionally ping to DCAs who ping it back seemingly, and a loan arounf 14k that is enforceable but they've kept it in house and ping it to DCAs - before the dca gets hold of the account it gets pinged to another one.

I'm not complaining (aside from waste of paper) - paying £1pcm on 14k isn't bad.
                Natwest still send me letters each year, asking for an update on my finances...which I ignore now....they do say that provided I continue with our 'agreement' of £1 p/m then no action will be taken to chase the debt nor pass it to an agency, so they are unable to to get out of that 'contract' .

Comment

Hi Mal,
                  Are you still paying the £1 a month (you mention that you cannot log in and see the debt)?
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                    Hi Mal,
                    Are you still paying the £1 a month (you mention that you cannot log in and see the debt)?
                    Nope I'm not going to
                    it was there in july but not since the default came off.

Comment

Nope I'm not going to
                      it was there in july but not since the default came off.
                      thats a result. If it were me, i would leave alone
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                        thats a result. If it were me, i would leave alone
                        I think I will!

Comment

Working...
                        X