GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lowell letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lowell letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell letters

I have been receiving a number of letters from Lowell referring to a/c from Vodafone and Lloyd bank which a do recall I had a few years ago.

I send them a "proof it" letter for the Vodafone a/c and they replied with a photo copy statement stating that the last payment was made on 3/3/2010, they also mentioned the Lloyd bank a/c and another a/c from CL Finance ltd.

Do you think I should now request a copy of my Consumer credit agreement for all the accounts?

Re: lowell letters

yes.

they serve statutory demands by the dozen so definitely send them a s78 CCA 1974 request. Hopefully Deepie will bob along with the link to the letter that I haven't worked out how to do yet.

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        thanks.

Comment

Is a s78 CCA request relevant for a mobile phone contract?
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
            I have been receiving a number of letters from Lowell referring to a/c from Vodafone and Lloyd bank which a do recall I had a few years ago.

I send them a "proof it" letter for the Vodafone a/c and they replied with a photo copy statement stating that the last payment was made on 3/3/2010, they also mentioned the Lloyd bank a/c and another a/c from CL Finance ltd.

Do you think I should now request a copy of my Consumer credit agreement for all the accounts?
            Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            SnV is right cca request in NOT relevant for a mobile phone contract.....

But do send a cca request for the other two accounts.......

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
              yes.

they serve statutory demands by the dozen so definitely send them a s78 CCA 1974 request. Hopefully Deepie will bob along with the link to the letter that I haven't worked out how to do yet.
              Thanks I will send right away.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                nope. Mobile phones are service contracts so you can't do much there other than hide/pay/negotiate
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

SnV is right cca request in NOT relevant for a mobile phone contract.....

But do send a cca request for the other two accounts.......
                  Ok thnks

Comment

I haven't looked into this so don't know the answer but wouldn't the fixed term part of the contract when you are buying the phone over say 18 months at £x per months going to be a credit agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
                      I haven't looked into this so don't know the answer but wouldn't the fixed term part of the contract when you are buying the phone over say 18 months at £x per months going to be a credit agreement?
                      I am not sure but in the cca request letter I've sent to lowell today it says "all credit agreement deem to be mine" so I suppose this will include the Vodafone debt.

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                        in the cca request letter I've sent to lowell today it says "all credit agreement deem to be mine" so I suppose this will include the Vodafone debt.
                        I think you should send a separate s.78 CCA request for each of the three accounts named by Lowells in those letters. Does anyone else agree with me?

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                          I think you should send a separate s.78 CCA request for each of the three accounts named by Lowells in those letters. Does anyone else agree with me?
                          I agree....but in the first post it 's not clear if they have been pooled together..........

Comment

I agree....but in the first post it 's not clear if they have been pooled together..........
                            It is definitely unclear from the first post and could even be three separate letters from Lowells about each of the individual accounts over a period of time.

I was thinking ahead to an argument of whether the OP's section 78 request would be compliant or not if Lowells send a CCA for one of the three accounts but not the other two.

There's a Vodafone mobile contract, a Lloyds bank account, and a debt from C.L. Finance (credit card?). They could decide to go for a SD combining two of the accounts and a CCJ on one or any other legal enforcement combination, so the paper trail needs to be kept distinctly separate.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                              It is definitely unclear from the first post and could even be three separate letters from Lowells about each of the individual accounts over a period of time.

I was thinking ahead to an argument of whether the OP's section 78 request would be compliant or not if Lowells send a CCA for one of the three accounts but not the other two.

There's a Vodafone mobile contract, a Lloyds bank account, and a debt from C.L. Finance (credit card?). They could decide to go for a SD combining two of the accounts and a CCJ on one or any other legal enforcement combination, so the paper trail needs to be kept distinctly separate.
                              They have sent separate letters for the Lloyd & Vodafone a/c, but they only mentioned the CL finance when they replied after I sent the "prove it" letter for the Vodafone a/c.

I have only sent a cca request for the Lloyd a/c, shall I send separate cca request for the other 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X