GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax no CCA.....Next Steps - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax no CCA.....Next Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax no CCA.....Next Steps

Evening all,

Quick topic really, I have been succesful in having a total of 4.5k wiped off my debt due to no signed CCA with Shop Direct and MBNA.

I currently have a Halifax credit card with no signed agreement, when i sent a SAR, i got a form back with terms and conditions etc but it has not been signed by me, I currently owe 2k on this and i pay an agreed 5 pound a month..

Do i just keep paying 5 pound a month or shall i enquire more around the no signed credit agreement. Halifax have given me such a hard time with this card

Thanks in advance

Mr Boomx

Re: Halifax no CCA.....Next Steps

Send a proper s.78 request and see what that produces. Then take it from there
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

--> CCA Request - allaboutDEBT UK
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello mate long no speak hope all is well

Yes proper CCA request sent(as you advised back 12-18months ago) and i have had all the paperwork in fact it was so big what they sent me they couldnt fit it through my latter box, i have everything from keyed entrys, month by month statement for like 3 years and the key document....which is not signed

Cheers

Mr Boom

Comment

Hi Mr Boom,
          If you have a copy of the agreement, the next step would be to send to Niddy to see if its a kosha one or not.
          Send a scanned, un-edited copy to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk with your username in the subject line so he knows who its from

Good luck!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay thanks for that, no access to a scanner for a few days, will send when i have access, is a photo from my iphone any good to send via email?

Cheers

Mr Boom

Comment

If its that old, send a new request. It's £1 not £10 which is SAR. I suspect the SAR had key logs etc so do a new cca yea?

Things are just dandy here thanks; hope you're ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr BoomBaztic View Post
                Okay thanks for that, no access to a scanner for a few days, will send when i have access, is a photo from my iphone any good to send via email?

Cheers

Mr Boom
                See my last post above

Comment

Okay will get on that tomorrow and send one of your letters from the template section

Cheers

Mr Boom

PS- Niddy what a ride ive been on since those first early days, only have the two debts now and my bank are offering me overdrafts lol!

Comment

Afternoon all,

Okay so CCA REQUEST sent back stating unable to locate signed agreement, but have sent me a recon terms and conditions, in the letter they state that although this debt cannot be enforced in the court of law as no signed agreement this does not mean the debt does not exist,

Any words of wisdom for next steps....

Thanks

Comment

Afternoon all,

Okay so CCA REQUEST sent back stating unable to locate signed agreement, but have sent me a recon terms and conditions, in the letter they state that although this debt cannot be enforced in the court of law as no signed agreement this does not mean the debt does not exist,

Any words of wisdom for next steps....

Thanks
                      Yes......Keep that letter very safe.

Great result.......
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As Deepie says keep the letter safe---- very safe. The debt however is NOT extinguished on UE merely they cannot enforce. But you can now sit in wait for statute barring to kick in. However it is perfectly possible for any of the scrotes to try it on but they will have NO success.

Good result.

regards
                        G

Comment

Thanks Both, the amount is just under 2k so im feeling a little relaxed knowing the chances of it going to court has just gone in my favour due to no signed agreement and the amount not being a massive amount owing to the creditor,

I wounder who they will sell this debt to??

Mr Boom

Comment

I wounder who they will sell this debt to??

Mr Boom
                            If they do you send this--------> Letter Previously Confirming No CCA along with a copy of that letter you have.

So like we said keep that letter very safe....

Comment

Wow that is some letter, will save that now to my computer for when this happens,

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X