GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problems getting credit reports - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems getting credit reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting credit reports

Hi

I'm just over a year into my UE journey and thought it was about time I checked my credit reports, just thought I'd let you all know how it went yesterday.

Experian
    At first there was a problem with the site so I next tried Equifax. When I went back the online form filling took a few minutes and it was done ! I used a prepaid Mastercard for payment and opted for an online copy. Received an email stating they had received the request and payment. Today received email saying the pin had been sent, when this arrives I can see my Experian report online - simples.

Equifax
    Site was working straight away, entered all the details as above, but in the final page I was asked to ring an 0844 number to answer some questions. I was not sure if I had been charged for the report so decided best to ring. A bit of option choosing later and I was speaking to a call centre, India?. Anyway there appeared to be a problem so I have to send in a copy of my passport or driving licence, and a copy of a utility bill. Bit annoyed about the cost of the phone call and having to send in the docs, may have been easier to send in a postal application.

Call Credit
    After entering all the details could not pay online with the prepaid Mastercard, it just would not authorise. Tried a couple of times, then changed to a prepaid Visa I have for emergency use. This would also not authorise. Tried a few times and gave up. Later then tried one last time with my Visa debit card. Could not get it to authorise so decide to print off an application form and sent it in with a £2.00 PO, which costs £2.50. Not sure if the site had problems, was too busy, or there was a problem with the banks but a bit frustating !!

I want to check the defaults on my accounts before the debts start getting sold on, not that I don't trust those nice DCAs to do things by the book

MK
    One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
    Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Re: Problems getting credit reports

Hi ,

Wish I'd joined the site a bit earlier. Experian have just finished a free one month trial with £16.50 cash back! Would have pointed you to it, but too late now.

Hope the info you get is what you want!

Comment

Experian charge £7.99 per month.

They also register info as searches when you join them, as my OH found out when they listed her aliases (doh! her maiden name which she hasn't used for 10 years no less than like 10 times!!).

Upshot is don't trust CRAs and I wouldn't recommend signing up for their membership schemes.

Comment

Hi DS,

I actually look forward to my monthly credit report. It's fascinating watching things being passed round and round. I actually do find it useful to find out who's dealing with which debt, as from the number of letters we get, with the best filing system in the world it can sometimes be hard to keep track.

Comment

Casp, why let those beggars have £8 of your money?

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
            Casp, why let those beggars have £8 of your money?
            I wonder that too.
            For £6 you can have all three every month.

What I am going to do is to order one statury report every month on a rota basis once all my freebies are gone.

Comment

Extremely good point! Job for today - cancel Credit Report (though in the past two days alone I've had about 15 alerts to changes - anyone know who CNM are to save me looking it up?)

Good advice - thanks both!

Comment

Help needed ?

Hi

Finally got hold of all 3 CRA reports, major hassle with Equifax proving my ID as I did not have any acceptable utility bills (within 8 wks) as everything is billed on line. Finally had to opt for paper billing with my gas supplier, then give them a reading to generate a bill to use.

I only really wanted to check that all the defaults had been registered correctly and to check for any major errors. This is the first time I have ever checked my CRA reports.

The accounts I was expecting to see on these reports are as follows

1- Co-op current account (in use)
                2 - LTSB current account (in default)
                3 - LTSB CC (in default)
                4 - Marbles CC (in default) now CapQuest
                5 - Mint CC (in default) RBS
                6 - Orange mobile contract - ended OK when changed to PAYG

I have lived at the same address for 5 years and have been on the Electoral roll since moving in. I was on the electoral roll at my previous address before this.

Experian

No electoral role information available for the addresses provided !!

Only accounts showing are
                6 - Orange mobile contract - ended OK when changed to PAYG

Everything else correct

Pretty good

Equifax

5 yrs on ER at current address, not confirmed at previous address

NO accounts showing at all ????

Everything else correct

Not sure whats going on here

Call Credit

Confirmed as opted out of ER at current address

Only accounts showing are

2 - LTSB current account (in default)
                4 - Marbles CC (in default) now CapQuest

Everything else correct

Not sure where all my defaults are, I was expecting to see more of them, LTSB CC (in default) and Mint CC (in default) RBS are not recorded on any of the three

Going to query the ER info on Experian not sure about anything else, maybe just leave it as it is for the time being ? what do you think ?

MK
                Last edited by mk_chatham; 9 February 2011, 18:45. Reason: Adding info

Comment

I'd not say anything lol. Leave it.

Query the erecoral register omissions - THAT is why you can't get credit. Otherwise you're a damn good risk going on that report lol.

So only query the e/r data at current addy. Your previous will not matter cos you're 3+ years at current address. Can I check, you're not in a flat are you? Just do a royal mail address finder and compare addresses with credit files - if it differs, such as some councils record flats differently to the tenant, meaning you'll have parallel credit files.

Before doing anything, check the addresses match identical to royal mail search, if not let me know via pm and ill advise. If they match, then just contact your council electoral registration dept (what's my vote site) and check you're registered.

Best of luck.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    I'd not say anything lol. Leave it.

Query the electoral register omissions - THAT is why you can't get credit. Otherwise you're a damn good risk going on that report lol.

Best of luck.

Thanks Niddy

I guessed it wasn't my job to make sure all the defaults were registered, no point doing the jobs for them

Will query the ER omission on Experian, will otherwise as you say - leave it.

Looks like I won't have a lot of credit rebuilding to do when the UE debts become statute barred in 5 yrs, thats fine by me

Thanks again for the reply, site is looking great BTW

MK

Comment

Working...
                    X