GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Niddy's Reason for Being here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niddy's Reason for Being here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niddy's Reason for Being here!

Just thought i'd give a bit of an update to my history and recent events. Basically, in a nutshell a few years ago (2005-2006) I was the victim of ID fraud whereby several accounts were opened using my name and date of birth, but at an address i'd never heard of let alone lived at. Anyway, the crux of this was around 20 accounts and £100-£150k of debt built up in my name, yet nothing to do with me.

This is what caused me to study and learn all about consumer law, consumer banking, data protection, debt collection guidance and most importantly - what prompted me to start the fight against banks - for you guys! The end result is in fact this shiny new website and forum!

Sooo, what do you do in such a situation? I knew nothing about the CCA or any consumer law back then, however as a result of what was happening to me (stitched up comes to mind) I thought the best thing to do was to actually take the fight to the lender even though it was not my debt. However as part of this, I kept failing security and the lender refused to speak to me - well, so they should (remember it is not my debt) - but if that was the case, why register a load of defaults against me at my address?

I decided nah, and so issued all 3 CRA's with court papers demanding they remove the incorrect link prior to my seeking judgment against them, plus I was looking at suing for libel. Anyhoo - to cut a long story short, I won (without the need for court action) and all the incorrect links were removed from all my credit files, with all 3 agencies. The reason I won so easily, is proof! It is easy to prove you were living somewhere else, however the DCA's at the time never thought of this when they called me a liar and said their clients were correct, and that I owed this money! So off went council tax bill for that year (i.e. 2005/2006) proving my address to be elsewhere - hey presto - job done!

Then, in January 2010 Equifax thought they would be clever and re-add them again so my clean credit file is now a mess again (only with Equifax) - however, this has prompted Fairfax Solicitors in Leeds to write to me demanding I repay £12k within the next 7 days or they will seek to enforce the debt. I say bring it on, but unfortunately I know all too well that this will never get to court quite simply, because I never lived at the address they claim (fookin muppets).

So this thread is for me to show you how Niddy deals with shit that gets thrown at him. I'll attach and copy all documents and all updates, so you can see for yourself how bad these muppets are even when faced with proof that the debt is not linked to me....

It should be interesting reading, being my responses are somewhat unorthodox. That's not saying I am cocky with them, I am assertive and cheeky - yes - but not cocky.

I'll upload the latest batch of letters over the next few days when I get time to think! There is a chat thread linked to this closed thread, found by clicking the link below:Please feel free to add any comments!

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Niddy's Reason for Being here!

My response to Fairfax - Dated 23 November 2010

Dear Sirs,

Ref: Idiots in Leeds

You have contacted me regarding some random debts, which you claim is owed by myself. I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Fairfax or 'your client', Max Recovery.

I have been the victim of ID Fraud in the past and the CIFAS Registration plus the notice of correction text on all my credit files should be enough to clarify that for you, however you have a slight problem – I have no connection to you nor to the companies that you claim I owe money to – meaning you do not have any right to go and search me! If, for whatever reason, I find out that you have then I’ll have you in court quicker than your feet can touch the ground. I can only presume that these debts are related to the INCORRECT link on my Equifax file, i.e. 25 Any Place, Anywhere, AA1 1AA? If so then tread very carefully, I have so far sued 3 lenders and the credit agencies over this fiasco - for the record, I have never lived at that address. I presume you were unaware of my previous addresses otherwise you’d not have wasted time writing to me would you?

However, whatever you do, do not underestimate who you are dealing with here. Not only am I an expert on the consumer credit act and associated guidance, I am also extremely familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. The OFT also say that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are deemed to be using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office of Fair Trading of your actions notwithstanding possible legal action unless you stop bugging me about this nonsense. Just how you got my address and came to the conclusion that I have debt amazes me – I guess if I'm lucky enough to have you in Leeds County Court you’ll soon see what a massive mess you’ve made of all this!

A copy of this letter has been sent to Max Recoveries, and a copy of my letter to them is also attached to you, for your perusal.

I look forward to your reply, confirming that this matter is closed.

Yours faithfully

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Niddy's Reason for Being here!

Here you go! Proof that a Niddy Special does indeed work

Click image for larger version

Name:	Victory1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1381628

Comment

Chat!

There is a chat thread linked to this closed thread, found by clicking the link below:Please feel free to add any comments!

Comment

Niddy vs Aktiv Kapital

See the below link for an awesome result with a DCA

Comment

Working...
          X