GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What are the chances of getting my money back on this? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances of getting my money back on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances of getting my money back on this?

Morning,

Looks like i've been stitched up by an online car parts retailer.

I had several emails back and forth before placing the order - all very helpful stuff.

I placed the order and it was supposed to arrive yesterday. In the afternoon i emailed the place asking for a tracking number so i could try and work out what time the parcel would arrive. Nothing.

Called the landline on the website, no answer and no option to leave a message. I know places can get busy and things happen to parcels at this time of year although i never had a receipt from the merchant with my order, or the couriers details - just the Worldpay receipt.

I called Capital One last night to say that i am not sure if i am being a bit hasty with this but just in case could they raise a dispute (now raised).

The merchant uses Worldpay and after looking on their website; there is nothing they can or will do once the transaction has gone through.

Gutted.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: What are the chances of getting my money back on this?

all is not lost SA, I checked the line for you and it is a working number, their ansamachine blurb says they don't open to 10.00am, worth a go then?

Comment

Maybe they're just very busy at the moment...as are couriers/Royal Mail. Give them another call after 10 as MrsD suggests.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi MrsD,
        Thanks for posting and calling although the retailer is not the one in the link - thats a skimlinks jobbie

I didn't want to name and shame them - yet, should there be a genuine b@lls up (although as time goes on that is looking less likely)

Thanks
        SA
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
          Hi MrsD,
          Thanks for posting and calling although the retailer is not the one in the link - thats a skimlinks jobbie

Bloody hell, that's good advertising for that firm then

I still think you need to be a little patient given the time of year. I hope that's all it is and you haven't been scammed
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

you want me to check the real number this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

Bloody hell, that's good advertising for that firm then

I still think you need to be a little patient given the time of year. I hope that's all it is and you haven't been scammed
              Yeah, not good is it. I'll try and disable skimlinks so they aren't tarnished with the wrong brush!

I am trying to stay positive (and patient) but i've just got this gut feeling.

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              you want me to check the real number this time?

That's kind of you MrsD! Hope you don't mind but i've PM'd you - just in case it turns out to be genuine (although i have a horrible feeling it aint!)

Comment

Was it more than £100 (ie s.75 covers you) BUT regardless, as the goods were purchased online DSR protects you (distance selling regs) so you can perform a chargeback regardless....... It would be via the card company you paid with, there is a difference claiming under DSR than s.75 so chase the order up again - a lot!!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Was it more than £100 (ie s.75 covers you) BUT regardless, as the goods were purchased online DSR protects you (distance selling regs) so you can perform a chargeback regardless....... It would be via the card company you paid with, there is a difference claiming under DSR than s.75 so chase the order up again - a lot!!
                  Morning,
                  Yes mate it was for £175.

I will send them another email now. I'll keep trying the phone line although because there is no answer or answer phone it won't show as a connection (and therefore further proof that i have attempted to communicate with them).

El B@stado!

Comment

mmm looks like their phone is bouncing around various servers, but no one is answering which I grant you looks bad.

if you read the Facebook page they do say something about a new system in place, so it may well be kosher but............................................... ...............

I'd claim it back and if it is kosher you can pay again..................................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      mmm looks like their phone is bouncing around various servers, but no one is answering which I grant you looks bad.

if you read the Facebook page they do say something about a new system in place, so it may well be kosher but............................................... ...............

I'd claim it back and if it is kosher you can pay again..................................
                      Yeah, it rings and then sort of rings again, then again. Probably two mobiles cellotaped together!

Pissed right off! It's not just the money (and the fact i need to pay again and wait from somewhere else) but trying to get to my work without a car is like something from an Alan Whicker book!

Comment

Well first you must give them a couple of days after due delivery then complain. You would contact crappy1 and tell them what happened and explain you're claiming under s.75 which means they'll ask you to complete a claim form (posted to you) which you then return and they will then refund you.

if your order comes in the meantime you simply cancel the s.75 complaint.......

I'd suggest leaving it till early next week, Tuesday at the latest before formally claiming under s.75. The good thing is with s.75 you do not need to prove anything, such as contact etc - the bottom line is you paid for goods not received when promised. That is it.

Simples
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thats good to hear mate - will do as you suggest. So Crappy1 will refund my card the amount regardless? Out of curiosity, how do they get their money back?

Comment

They claim it from the processing company, in this case RBS Worldpay

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              They claim it from the processing company, in this case RBS Worldpay
                              Who i guess in turn will pull the trousers down on the online retailer!

Comment

Working...
                              X