GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What are the chances of getting my money back on this? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances of getting my money back on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are the chances of getting my money back on this?

they have the wee padlock on thei site so RBS must have checked them out and decided they were good..........................................then again if it was RBS making the financial integrity decisions.................................

Comment

It's quite simple really, you the business opens a merchant account with a card processing company. That is then linked to your business bank account where all credits are debits go. Dependant upon your credit score at the time you apply for the merchant processing account, depends how they fund you. In some cases Worldpay will retain funds from the business for x days after the sale completed, usually this is 20 days for newer companies. If there is no chargeback after the 20 days they'll release the funds.

if the chargeback occurs after this period they will simply deduct it from your bank account whether you have the funds or not. It will force you into an OD as these funds are ringfenced and you agree to this when you accept and start to process card transactions.

So that's how it works, kinda
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        they have the wee padlock on thei site so RBS must have checked them out and decided they were good..........................................then again if it was RBS making the financial integrity decisions.................................

I've just this second had a reply to my email.

It states they are chasing the order up; it was sent directly from their supplier and they have been busy with the VAT people otherwise would have spotted it sooner.

I am going to reply asking for a tracking reference number, invoice and delivery date. If i don't receive the details by the end of the day im going to get the stuff locally. Not that i have the invoice, but i've paid extra for next day (being yesterday) delivery.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The wee padlock is only extended verification via the domain, ie the domain and company have been verified by the authority issuing the certificate (padlock).... Fake firms can have SSL if they are clever about it, we have SSL and it's all verified but we don't use it yet.......

We are not a company either, but we're authenticated so it is very easy to get the green address bar/padlock
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps request a refund of postage paid as they failed to deliver as per the order and amount you paid

Comment

most people tend to rely on that wee padlock when they're buying on the net, it's what everybody recommends that you check to make sure it's a kosher company

you should ask for a refund of the next day fee SA, cos it plainly never arrived

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                It's quite simple really, you the business opens a merchant account with a card processing company. That is then linked to your business bank account where all credits are debits go. Dependant upon your credit score at the time you apply for the merchant processing account, depends how they fund you. In some cases Worldpay will retain funds from the business for x days after the sale completed, usually this is 20 days for newer companies. If there is no chargeback after the 20 days they'll release the funds.

if the chargeback occurs after this period they will simply deduct it from your bank account whether you have the funds or not. It will force you into an OD as these funds are ringfenced and you agree to this when you accept and start to process card transactions.

So that's how it works, kinda
                Got you. That would explain why when i went to Belgium the card company (Egg bless them ) called me a week later to check before paying! I was confused as i thought, i already had the goods and now you are asking me about them!

The wee padlock is only extended verification via the domain, ie the domain and company have been verified by the authority issuing the certificate (padlock).... Fake firms can have SSL if they are clever about it, we have SSL and it's all verified but we don't use it yet.......

We are not a company either, but we're authenticated so it is very easy to get the green address bar/padlock

Yeah, not the most of in-depth checks. Mind you, a few years back i had to purchase a domain and SSL for a limited company. The forms are totally different; its no wonder most people register them as a sole trader

ps request a refund of postage paid as they failed to deliver as per the order and amount you paid
                Good shout, will do.

Thanks for all your help with this. I feel like have jumped the gun a bit, but when you pay for next day delivery, hear nothing (when previously been so prompt and helpful) and are calling two mobiles cellotaped together its easy to come to the wrong conclusion. I guess if HMRC are breathing down his neck its understandable!

I'll just be straight with him. Invoice, refund of next day and a tracking number by the end of the day and all good. If not, refund under S75 and i'll pay more and get the stuff locally.
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X