GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Recorded Delivery Mail - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recorded Delivery Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded Delivery Mail

Sent a letter Recorded delivery and through the Post office track and trace it says if was received. How do I get A photocopy/scan of the Post Office proof of sending like a signature of who signed for it??

Thank you
    IF...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Recorded Delvery Mail

Eventually a signature is usually available on the track and trace site. I think it can take several days for them to get them on to the site though?

Like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSBC reminder POD.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1385840
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Recorded Delivery Mail

Thanks Rizzle but I put in the tracking number and I just get this

Track & Trace
      Results
      Your item with reference A*********GB was delivered from our ******Delivery Office on 14/12/11.

No electronic proof!!

Comment

Morning IF
        If it's sent to a business/department/PO Box sometimes multiple letters are block signed at bottom of a list, so you might not always get an individual signature.
        It can take a while to get onto the system though as Rizzle says.
        I read somewhere that PO box holders have 18 days to collect registered mail after which if not collected they're returned to sender.

If you save/print a screenprint of the delivery confirmation, plus you have the receipt, that should be fine.
        I think the tracking results drop off the system after about a year, so if anyone's sitting on a long term unfulfilled CCA response they need to remember to save the proof of delivery before it drops off.

Shep x

Comment

Royal Mail often have the signature on record but fail to scan it on to their own website. The siggies are stored in their Stoke-on-Trent office database and if you complain loud enough to customer services on 01752 387 112 they will send you a scanned copy in the post. I remind them that I have "entered into a legal contract" with them (i.e. I paid them my money) for their "Signed For" service so I expect a signature

That should work for you too. Just remember to be loud like Plan B

Comment

Thank you Shep and Plan B

Comment

I should add that if Royal Mail can't produce proof of any signature then I ask for compensation and they send me a book of first class stamps so I make a profit too Everything needs to be done at Manager level and done LOUDLY

Comment

dont know why, but when i checked on the po site last month it said the same as for Ifs post,
                but i had kept the tracking page from last year in' favorites' and when i checked on that page it gave me the signiture
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  dont know why, but when i checked on the po site last month it said the same as for Ifs post,
                  but i had kept the tracking page from last year in' favorites' and when i checked on that page it gave me the signiture
                  Which implies that it can take Royal Mail up to a whole year to upload vital customer information to their own website

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    Which implies that it can take Royal Mail up to a whole year to upload vital customer information to their own website

blimey thats quick for them.....

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                      blimey thats quick for them.....

Comment

I did however have a similar issue a while ago with them...took months before I finally had proof of who'd signed for it

after numerous complaints I received a book of 1st class stamps!

Comment

i sent 4 letter rec signed 1st class on tues and 2 of them have been delivered 2 havnt

1 thats been delivered was to PO box and i've got a signature too.

its the oither 2 thats annoying me

they just say progressing thru the network
                          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

That is why I advise the use of Special Delivery, where next (working) day delivery is guaranteed.

Comment

There seem to be certain addresses that play up, RBS in southend is one, as is Iqor in Preston.
                              However when I have emailed Royal mail they have come back to me with confirmation of delivery. Finding the email address takes a bit of searching for, look in the contact us in the section.

Cloggy it is all well and good advising special delivery but for someone who is struggling for money £5.70 a throw soon adds up. I did use SD sending in a life assurance claim form with DC etc but otherwise I use signed for for important and proof of posting for regular letters

Comment

Working...
                              X