GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cashback Sites Q&A's - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashback Sites Q&A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashback Sites Q&A's

Hi Everyone

I have been a cashbacker for about six years and have made £1000's and have saved a good bit in that time too, I honestly believe that everyone should be a member of at least one cashback site.

Many of you may never have heard of a cashback site so I will do my best to answer any questions you might have about them.

What is a Cashback Site?

A cashback site gives you the opportunity to save money on everything you buy in two ways:

1. by using a search site to find the cheapest product and
    2. by also getting cashback (or commission) on the item. This can work particularly well with things like insurance, credit cards and even holidays.

A cashback site will also allow you to use your computer to make some extra cash without spending any money, again this can be done in two ways.

1. by regularly searching for products using a search engine found in the 'Daily' or 'Recurring' section and/or
    2. by completing 'Free Cash' or 'No Spends' offers, which are things like claiming free sims, surveys, competitions and insurance quotes.
    3. You can also make extra money by referring your family or friends
    Last edited by *madcat*; 22 June 2011, 00:59.

Re: Cashback Sites Q&A's

Why do they give you cashback?

Affiliates or Networks as they are often called, are the people who the cashback sites get the various campaigns and offers from, and they are a bit like an Advertising Agency.

Merchants or Retailers want to sell something and they ask the networks to help them reach a wider audience, the networks do this by offering a cash incentive or commission to cashback sites for them to encourage more people to click on the links in the hope that once people see what is on offer they will buy or sign up. The cashback sites do this by sharing that commission with you.

Does it cost anything to join?

No most cashback sites don't charge any fees and some even pay you for joining. (but a few do have admin fees of around £5.00 per year which is taken out of earnings so please check)

Is there any cash outlay?

None at all, in fact some even pay you to join!

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:13.

Comment

How do I get Cashback on purchases?

Log in to any cashback site and use a comparison site or search engine to look for the item you want at the best possible price (You will probably also make a few pence for doing these searches as well as getting the product for less) DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT THIS POINT or the comparison site will get the cashback not you!

When you have decided which is the best buy compare which cashback site gives you the best cashback (Usually the 100% sites are better for this) Log in to the site you have chosen and use a link to the retailer from there and then make your purchase as normal.

Do I have to spend money to get cashback?

No you can get cashback just for doing the 'dailies clicks' or 'free cash' offers.

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:15.

Comment

What is A Daily Click?

This is what the searches on the Comparison Sites are usually called because they can be done several times a day on each Cashback site. You only get a few pence for each one you do, but they don't take long and the money soon builds up. They are easy and can even be done while you are watching TV.

How do you do a Daily Click?

Click on the price comparison site, search for an item (try to vary what you searh for), choose one of them and 'Go to shop' or 'Buy Now' let the page load fully and the search is complete. (some very respected clickers also like to click on to another page of the website just to make sure their visit is registered to help tracking)

You can now move onto the next click which you do in the same way, it helps the click or search site to remain active if you try searching for something different each time, some clicks may vary slightly and there may be some and trial and error and this is when the cashback sites forums are a great source help if you need it.

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:17.

Comment

What is a Free Cash Offer?

A lot of the campaigns are called this because it doesn't cost you anything to do them, actually there is no such thing as a free cash offer - but there are some that will pay you for something like signing up for a newsletter, or completing surveys, asking for a quote or even just for providing a phone number, etc. but the point is that is that it's not money for nothing and the merchants can refuse to pay if they don't think they are getting value for their money, for example if they suspect they are getting non-genuine replies, so you must expect some rejections if you give false details.

The important thing to remember is that the Cashback Sites only give us the
          opportunity to get cash back, without them we wouldn't be able to get any of this money at all, and this is a service they provide free in most cases.

How do I do these offers?

These are usually explained on the Cashback Site, and mainly involves form filling. They take longer to do than the dailies but they pay much more. The important thing to remember when doing these is that most of them will need new and unique details each time - email, name, address and telephone (those free sims come in handy here) Some people use friends and families details – with their permission. If you want to do the same offers again on a different cashback site you would need another brand new identity.

A fantastic free tool called Roboform is brilliant for filling in this type of form with just one click Link

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:19.

Comment

When will I be paid?

Most Cashback sites don't pay you until they have been paid themselves (it would be unfair to expect them to) and it can take 90 days or more for some affiliates to pay, so a lot of patience is needed at the beginning, but once the money starts to come in it can be quite a nice regular income. Most offer payment by BAC's, Amazon & Paypal, and some will also pay by cheque.

If a retailer or merchant doesn't pay the cashback on a purchase you have made, which is fortunately quite rare, the Cashback Site will often chase it up for you, but the 'free cash' offers and 'dailies' are paid at the merchants discretion and as it is they who make the rules there is nothing the Cashback Site can do about this.

Don't forget that Cashback Sites only give us the opportunity to get cashback, without them we wouldn't be eligible for any of this cash at all and in most cases it doesn't cost us anything so it is unfair to blame the Cashback Site if affiliates don't pay up. Also never buy anything just to get cashback but instead think of it as a discount on something you would have bought anyway.

The bottom line is that a cashback site doesn't cost you anything, it can save you a lot of money, and you may even be able to increase your income. You really have nothing to lose.

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:27.

Comment

How do you choose a cashback site?

This really depends on what you want to use it for as the sites generally fall into two groups: 100% & 50%.

100% sites give you 100% of the commission they receive which they call cashback. They are able to do this because they make their money on advertising or by charging a small annual admin. fee. (about £5.00 per year taken from earnings)

The 50% sites make their money by sharing the cashback they get with you (50-50) and so they are free to join and some even pay you to join! I also think they try a bit harder to find more offers, (but there are always exceptions!)

The 100% sites are quite strict on how many of the "Free Cash" offers you can do (as they have already been paid) but some of the 50% sites let you do more as the more you earn the more they do too.

If you just want to get cashback on purchases then just joining one of the better 100% sites will be enough, either TopCashback or GetPoundsBack (Which don't charge any fees) but if you want to make extra cash then you will need to join several sites and a mix of the two. How much you earn will depend on how many sites you join and how much time you are prepared to spend doing it.

NB. There are very many Cashback Sites, some much better than others and some that should be avoided! It would be best to only join those which have been recommended by either a friend or someone on these forums.

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:33.

Comment

Recommended Cashback sites

TopCashback is the best site for purchases, it is a 100% site but because it is so huge and has so much bargaining power they give you more than 100%! There is no admin fee and minimum payout is only 1p depending which method you choose. Good customer service and reputation. Some dailies (Recurring Earners) and offers (No Purchase Offers,) not as many as some other sites but worth doing because of the generous cashback. Very active but confusing forums.

GetPoundsBack is an excellent 100% site wth lots of dailies (Daily Click) and Offers (No Purchase Offers) there are limiters on all of these so you know exactly how many you are allowed to do. No admin fee, active forum, brilliant customer service and minimum payout £10.00. Free to enter £5 Bonus Ball competition each week

CrunchCashback is the partner site to Getpounds back, it's very similar in many ways but it is a 50% site and it's main feature is the referral system which pays you 10% of all your referrals earnings for life. No admin fee, active forum, brilliant customer service and minimum payout £5.00 Free to enter £5 Bonus Ball competition each week

CashbackXtreme Another good 50% site which pays you £2.50 just for joining! and also £1.50 for each of your referrals. £15.00 min payout. No admin fee, Very active forum with word games etc. where you can win spot prizes, and two free to enter £5 Bonus Ball competitions each week

VoucherXtreme Is owned by the same person and is very similar and which again gives you £2.50 just for joining. Payment on this site is minimum £10.00 Amazon voucher sent to your phone instantly you claim

Freesnacksis also owned by him. 100pts (£1.00) Joining Bonus and the same for each referral, min payment £5.00 by voucher - Amazon, Tesco, Asda M&S etc.

TheMoneyBackSite Is a new site which has got off to a good start, it also pays you £2.50 to join up and currently also paying £2.50 for each referral. No admin fee, active forum, minimum payout £15.00 Free to enter £5 Bonus Ball competition each week

The following four sites belong to the same people, all of them are free to join and have no admin fee, but they do not have an introductory bonus like the above four.
                They have lots of dailies (called Searches on these sites) and free cash offers (called signups.)
                Great customer Service, they confirm very quickly (as they don't wait to be paid before paying you) and from clicking to cashing out can take only three weeks!
                All payments are made at the beginning of the month but they need to be claimed before the 21st of the previous month to qualify, minimum cashout is £5.00.
                You get 30p or 30c for each referral.

QuidsCorner– 50% site, £5 Min payout by Amazon or Paypal

Clicks Vista– as above but paid in dollars and easily converted by Paypal

Dollars4Clix – as above

OptimisingRevenue for You– as above

NB. The above three also say they pay by Amazon Voucher but they are Amazon.com and so can't be used for UK purchases.

Ecasher is another good one for paying out quickly, No minimum cashout level, good customer service, pays 60p for each referral, forum.

CashInBagis the stable mate and is very similar but pays 50p per referral

NB. You may have to wait for an confirmation email from the cashback site before your account is activated.

There are many others but the above are my current favourites, those of which I have been a member of a long time and I think can be trusted. Join as few or as many as you fancy and remember that in some cases your partner can join as well so you can get the referral money.

Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:45.

Comment

If you have any questions please ask as I will be happy to help you anytime

Also any hints. tips or news about cashbacking is always welcome
                  Last edited by *madcat*; 23 June 2011, 23:50.

Comment

hello madcat

Totally brilliant posts
                    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya Numpty, another longtime cashbacker

I'm sure between the two of us we will be able to answer any question that is thrown at us

Comment

I'm sure we can and will
                        It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Tips and Tricks

IF YOU USE MORE THAN ONE CASHBACK SITE YOU SHOULD DELETE 'COOKIES' IN BETWEEN EACH SITE

To do this set your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera etc.) to delete history each time you close, or use a free tool called Ccleaner, link and then close between each Cashback site, or click CTRL+SHIFT+DEL

My favourite is Firefox for cashbacking as it handles cookies better and is more secure, but you can use other browsers such as IE, Opera, chrome etc. if you prefer.

Comment

It sounds more like a scam to me.
                            My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Tips and Tricks

Purchases

Using a Search or Comparison Site to find the product you want at the best possible price is a great idea but if you also want to get cash back on your puchase DO NOT buy after using a link on the Search or Comparison site or they will get the reward and will not pass it on to you!

To maximise your chances of getting cashback once you have found the product you want at the best price, log out of the cashback site, clear cookies [CTRL+SHIFT+DEL or use Ccleaner] and log in again, then go directly to the retailer from a link on the cashback site and make your purchase as usual.

Can I get Cashback on Insurance?

Yes you can and in most cases you can get cashback just for asking for a quote!

Insurance Companies often offer you large amounts of cashback, but typically of Insurances Co's they are not always good at paying out! Always look for the best deal without cashback and then if they don't pay up you are not out of pocket.

Insurance Co's also like to make sure you don't cancel the policy as soon as you get the cashback so very often they make you wait until the term is up before they pay (about 12 month)

What kind of things can I get cashback on?

Pretty much everything that you can book or order online! Sky for instance is currently giving £100.00 cashback for new customers wanting Sky+HD on TopCashback, Mobile Phone contracts can get over £130.00. You can get cashback on holidays, credit cards, theatre tickets, large and small home appliances, computers and technology, DIY and building materials, the list is endless...

Comment

Working...
                              X