GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script are scottish power any good?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are scottish power any good??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are scottish power any good??

I've check my spend on U switch and it appears I could save £250 by moving from British Gas to Scottish Power. Does anybody know if they are any good????

Also im in credit on my BG accounts do they refund the money on transfer or is it passed across to the new provider???
    Last edited by mgfboy; 18 October 2011, 10:26.

Re: are scottish power any good??

I have been with Scottish Power for years and never had any problems..... I would think you'd get a refund of any credit owed.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Are they any good? In context of the overall industry you mean?!

I'm also with Scottish Power and haven't had any problems. In fact they were actually very reasonable when I fell into financial difficulty and have been really flexible with payments and missing the odd month etc.

You should get your overpayment in the form a juicy cheque. BG can be a bit slow in issuing these (strangely) so get in now if you want the cheque for Christmas!

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I think they're good.... and like you, they were brilliant when i was on Benefits years ago, so they get my vote!

Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Been with em for over 10yrs now never really had any issues so far (moved twice as well)

Comment

cool I will move to them then!!

They should save me £200+ over BG a year

Comment

I moved to them last year (partly because of a too-good-to-refuse cashback) BUT my monthly payments have increased twice since then and are now 50% more than the original monthly payment (I used the actual usage amounts on my old gas and electric bills when I was doing the comparisons for switching.)
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've not had an issue.

Comment

Have had them for 10years now and not a problem although we only have them for electricity supply. We have a thing about one company holding all the cards shall we say and never have dual tariffs/supplies.

Garlok

Comment

Well in the end stayed at British Gas, they gave me a internet tariff and then offered me a £100 cash back after 12 months. This makes it cheaper than Scottish Power.

SO the moral of the story is ring the buggers up and get a discount!!!!

Comment

good news...well done

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                        Well in the end stayed at British Gas, they gave me a internet tariff and then offered me a £100 cash back after 12 months. This makes it cheaper than Scottish Power.

SO the moral of the story is ring the buggers up and get a discount!!!!
                        But bear in mind BG do report account status to the credit agencies, miss one payment and they'll mess your credit file up - personally, stay well away from them - they're a bloody nightmare!
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy my credit record is so trashed now that it wont make any difference and to be fair I've never missed a gas/electricity payment in my life.

I suppose though all variable ddi payment plans are credit agrements in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                            I suppose though all variable ddi payment plans are credit agrements in effect.
                            They are if you agree to the terms of sharing data
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As I said we are with British Gas for gas and Scottish Power Manweb for electricity. Except for one very short period on DD we have always paid quarterly. This year however far from giving the months credit they always used to, both companies SAYING on their bills you have 24 days to pay, in fact their collections people will send out letters seven days after the bill, chasing and demanding payment.

Signs of the times I suppose.

Garlok

Comment

Working...
                              X